PreOp Nurse PRN
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Brownsville Surgicenter our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) PreOp Nurse PRN to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Brownsville Surgicenter, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
At Brownsville Surgicenter, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our PreOp Nurse PRN opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Join our team as a Preoperative Nurse in our ambulatory surgery center. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care rendered preoperatively for your patients. As a valued addition to our company, you will exhibit the values of HCA as a whole, as well as your individual center, providing quality care like family.
What you will do in this role:
- Prepare your patients’ care area adequately before case
- Ensure availability of necessary equipment and supplies for your patients’ procedure
- Conduct complete physical and psychological assessment and evaluation of your patients’ history and diagnostic tests
- Review your patients’ charts for completeness prior to surgery
- Administer pre-operative medications and intravenous therapy as prescribed
- Monitor your patients until transferred to the OR
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Active RN license as required by state of employment
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable
- ACLS required
Brownsville Surgery Center opened in 2020 in Brownsville, Texas. We offer Gastroenterology Services to the surrounding communities. Our services include EGD, Colonoscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, ERCP, EUS, Capsule Endoscopy, SmartPill Motility Study, and Hemorrhoid Ligation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our PreOp Nurse PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.