3rd shift differential $3.75/hr
RN - Weekend Option
Neuroscience and Orthopedic Trauma Unit
800 JNC & 800 West
COME JOIN OUR AWARD WINNING TEAM ON THE 8TH FLOOR!
The 8th floor is a 55 bed unit which accepts patients from the Emergency Department, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, Neuro Trauma Intensive Care Unit, and from physician offices. As a nurse on the unit, you get experience with general medical surgical patients as well as with neurosurgical patients. This includes craniotomies, lumbar fusions, cervical disc fusions, traumatic brain injuries and brain hemorrhages. We have neurology patients, which include epilepsy, brain tumors, strokes and TIAs. We have telemetry on the unit so you learn how to interpret patient’s rhythms. We also receive orthopedic trauma, which includes pelvic fractures, femur fractures, and polytrauma patients. We are a Level One Stroke and Trauma floor.
- Gold Standard Level 1 Certified Stroke Center
- Received American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Award
- Named a Neuroscience Center of Excellence by NeuroSource
- Ranked #1 In the nation for spinal fusion
- Ranked top 100 in the nation for neuro-logical care, major neurosurgery and spinal surgery
- Recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a high-performing hospital in neurology and neurosurgery
- Recognized as Top 100 hospital in the nation for joint replacement and major orthopedic surgery by Care Chex
- Named Top 101 Hospital with Great Spine and Neurosurgery Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review
Job Benefits & Perks!
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per year
- Retirement with employer match
- Onsite daycare with extended hours, holidays and weekends
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Pharmacy delivery to your unit
- On-site Employee Health services
- Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
- 1906 Employee Store
- 20% tuition discount on most classes at Cox College
- Cafeteria discount
- Sign on bonus up to $20,000
- Relocation bonus up to $3,000
- Loan forgiveness up to $20,000
- RN to BSN tuition assistance up to $10,000
- Up to 80 hours of earned time off (ETO)
- $1.00 BSN pay
- $1.00 Certification pay
- Up to $5,000 STAR Clinical ladder bonus per year
- Preceptor pay for your time supporting new staff
- Shared Governance Council
- Job Summary
- The Medical-Surgical nurse is responsible for managing the care of the adult or geriatric patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures. The nurse must be able to assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, keep records and provide patients and families with support and education. The Medical-Surgical nurse maintains a wide array of medical care knowledge in order to care for a diverse group of patients.
- Job Requirements
- Required: Graduate of an approved nursing program
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Preferred: Previous nursing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership abilities
- Exhibits valuable time management skills
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Required: MO RN license
- Required: BLS must be obtained within 90 days
- Required: ACLS within a year of hire