The Visual Pak Companies are a group of companies providing filling, blending, contract manufacturing, contract packaging, fulfillment, and logistics services. Our customers include many of the largest consumer product companies in the personal care, household, automotive, and food markets. Operating over three million square feet of production and distribution centers, our growing company is quickly becoming a one stop resource for our premier customers.
Position Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Reporting into Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Business and Department: Quality Services
Position Purpose/Summary: Monitors all manufacturing procedures, inspects raw material, packaging components, labels, and finished product to assure conformance to specifications.
All duties as assigned and the following specific activities.
- Inspect packaging components and labels at receipt to verify conformance to specification
- Inspect in process and finished product, using a statistical sampling plan, to verify conformance to specifications such as weight, volume, torque, etc.
- Understand and follow company procedures and policies for inspecting materials and finished product established in compliance with cGMP
- Complete and file required documentation and maintain accurate, neat files for tracking in compliance with cGMP
- Communicate inspection failures and non-conformances to QA Supervisor or Production Supervisor.
- Follow QA Supervisor’s instructions for handling non-conforming material or product
- Understand and follow written instructions provided in company policies and procedures.
- Notify the QA and/or Production supervisor of any deviations to the procedure or specifications.
- Obtain instructions and approval for handling deviations or discrepant materials and product prior to initiating action.
- Performs other jobs as requested