Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in United States, Canada, and has a growing presence in Europe.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and willing to adapt to changing needs. The personnel selected for meter repair technician position must have certain traits and abilities that enable them to achieve expected levels of performance. Some of the most important competencies are exercising sound independent judgment and maintaining a high level of customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Installation and maintenance of meter hardware and software on-site/field as required.
- May train people to use the organization’s computer system or organize outside training programs, particularly for new software.
- Provide preventative maintenance for existing on-street meters.
- Provide preventive maintenance program for existing single space meters.
- Ensure that all meters cleaned, batteries replaced routinely.
- Maintain ample parts inventory including domes, batteries, poles, spare housings & locks, mechanisms, etc. to provide immediate replacement
- Immediately respond to meter repair requests.
- Maintain meter repair log.
- Conduct daily check of routes for damaged meters.
- This position requires the ability to work alone and therefore must exercise proper judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with people.
- Assist in the collection and security of all monies received through parking meters, multi-space machines , pay on foot technology and any other means of collecting parking revenues and fees.
- Assist event staff with activities related to parking for events. This includes but is not limited to: setting up for events, traffic control, receipt of payment for parking, and lot usage control.
- Assist office staff with activities related to permit sales during peak seasons. This includes but is not limited to data entry, collating mailings, providing frontline customer service.
- Flexibility in working hours is a requirement.
- Other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of networking along with hardware and software experience
- Knowledge of geography of the area
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle
- Ability to walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Good problem solving skills, time management skills, and the ability to work well on their own and/or part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, listening skills and the ability to understand and explain technical language
- Flexible, patient, diplomatic, tactful and with high level of integrity
- Dependable, hardworking ad willing and able to work after normal working hours.
Work is performed outdoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift. Employees are subject to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold weather. Protection from weather conditions may be provided, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.