Public Safety Communications Operator
The CDA employs THE FIRST OF THE FIRST RESPONDERS. Dispatchers serve as a critical link between people in distress and the emergency services they need to protect themselves and their property. The CDA dispatches emergency calls for service to local law enforcement, fire, medical or other emergency services.
This position works 12-hour shifts with alternating three day weekends.
The ideal candidate must be available to work on scheduled days off in the event of an emergency.
The CDA offers a $1,500 hiring bonus to new employees along with biweekly Flex Bucks contributions toward medical expenses.
- Non-U.S. Citizenship
- Lacks high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Felony Convictions/adjudication withheld
- Violation of CDA Drug Policy:
- use, possession, distribution and or manufacturing of illegal drugs with the last 5 years
- use of marijuana within a year
- any use of legal or illegally obtainable prescription drugs not prescribed to the user
The Consolidated Dispatch Agency will continue to be the premier public safety consolidated dispatch agency by performing a critical role in the community’s communication infrastructure utilizing state-of-art technology and providing the highest quality training and individual personal development.