Part-time Opening at Froedtert Hospital.
Second Shift: 12:30-9pm/2:30-11pm (16-24 hours on average)
The Utility Worker - Linen Services Performs tasks involved in the preparation and delivery of linen products to Goodwill’s customers.
A. Essential Job Functions:
1. Functions in compliance with all OSHA, Joint Commission, and Goodwill Linen Services Infection Control and Safety policies.
2. Prepares linen carts for delivery by filling predetermined linen quotas for individual items.
3. Fills and records linen quotas, paying close attention to quality control factors (stains, tears, etc.).
4. Records the linen usage from returning carts in the exchange cart systems.
5. Documents shortages of items; informs supervisor of actual or potential shortages.
6. Operates automated and non-automated carts to make internal deliveries to customer specified areas. Extreme caution and confidentiality to be used during all deliveries.
7. Inspects appearance of delivery carts and linen products and informs supervisor of any quality control problems.
8. Works closely with customer and supervisor. Reports all equipment malfunctions and incidents.
9. Cleans the work area and equipment daily.
B. Marginal Job Functions:
1. Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies:
1. Ability to read, write and perform basic math functions.
2. Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy.
B. License or Certificate:
1. Valid state driver’s license.
C. Physical/Sensory Demands:
1. Must be able to stand or be stationary for eight or more hours.
2. Ability to lift 40 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing 500 pounds.
3. Must have good hand dexterity to sort, fold, and operate power equipment on a continuous basis.
4. Must be able to observe product and linen appearance so that specific standards are met.
5. Ability to work in a hot and humid environment. Protective equipment may be required.
6. Performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluid, or tissue.
IV. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
A. Previous laundry and warehouse experience.