Location: St. Petersburg
Location: La Vista
Location: Jersey City, NJ Current Employees and Contractors Apply Here Advisor Group Careers
Be a part of the team behind our success! At Advisor Group, we support more than 11,000 financial professionals, the people who help everyday Americans achieve their dreams. Were a billion-dollar business with the mentality and drive of a startup. Join us in building something special.
Compliance Risk Opportunity in Financial Services
Senior Investment Advisory Compliance Analyst
Location: Accepting qualified candidates in all locations and remotely
Advisor Group is seeking a Senior Compliance Analyst to support Investment Advisory Compliance. Under the direction of the RIA Compliance Officer, the Sr. Investment Advisory Compliance Analyst will be responsible for interpreting and applying compliance policies and procedures to business practices, the annual assessment, testing and maintenance of Policies and Procedures, regulatory filings, remediation actions, risk assessment and reporting of compliance issues within the RIA firm. This Sr. Analyst position is involved on a day-to-day basis in interpreting and applying compliance policies and procedures to business practices.
- Support the existing IA compliance program operating in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Conduct risks assessments and testing of IA compliance programs
- Analyze current IA Compliance functions and suggest enhancements and standardization where appropriate.
- Identify and recommend necessary changes to business unit procedures to address compliance gaps or improve adherence to regulatory and firm requirements
- Review, draft and implement compliance policies
- Support advisors by providing guidance on RIA policy and procedures questions
- Conduct Annual Review of the IA Compliance Program - helping to perform various testing and procedures to assess the effectiveness of compliance system throughout the year in support of the required annual reporting summary
- Aggregation and reporting of information relating to form ADV part 1A, Forms 13F, 13H and other regulatory filings as needed
- Assist the other members of the department with incoming field inquiries from the Compliance Hotline and mailboxes relating to all areas of IA Compliance
- Participate in ad-hoc requests, special projects and regulatory exams
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree preferred, high school diploma (or equivalent) in combination with significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five to seven years of relevant work experience with a financial institution such as a broker/dealer, registered investment adviser, regulatory agency, or other financial institution.
- Significant experience with and understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940 and Securities Act of 1933
- Prior experience with Rule 206(4)7 testing
- FINRA Series 66 (or 63 / 65) required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office and Word. Proficiency with MS Excel is a must.
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, and time management. Ability to think through complex Compliance issues.
- Ability to work on assignments independently, using a high level of judgment and initiative in resolving problems and developing recommendations
Current Employees and Contractors Apply Here
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 preferred.