Safety Health & Environmental Manager
Elizabethtown, NC 28337
Updated 21 days ago
The Safety Health & Environmental Manager
We at Campbell Oil Company will work diligently to provide every customer with an Exceptional Customer experience, providing Superior Products at Competitive Prices, backed by the Personal Service that we have learned from Three Generations of hard work. The basis of our longevity has been to provide a Family oriented, Collaborative work environment where Feedback is valued, Teamwork is critical and where Respect and Support are given as we all seek to provide for our Families. We are looking for dedicated and loyal team members with a passion for service on the job and in our communities to join our growing work family. The successful Safety, Health & Environmental Manager will have experience building out a sustainable program that involves every associate. They will be responsible for building and developing our safety culture by providing comprehensive training, meaningful metrics, behavior- based knowledge, and a commitment to helping our associates protect each other every day.
What will I do?
This position will develop policies and programs where needed and manage the safety processes throughout the affiliated Companies and then train, train, train! There will be a high emphasis on training associates at all levels of the business through person-to-person training, field training and leveraging technology and Learning Management Systems where possible. This is a highly interactive role with where compliance and record keeping are a must but bringing the written program to life for associates is needed. We are committed to building a culture of safety through training and development so there must be a passion for teaching and willingness to learn our business.
- Core Hours: 8am – 5pm M-F
- Benefits to fit your needs: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Profit Sharing, 401k
- Flexible Schedules when needed
- Professional Training
- Safe Work Environment
- Leadership Training
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Duties and Expectations
- Direct and complete safety training that promotes behavior-based safety, for all associates.
- Works closely with field management on incident prevention plans.
- Ensure safety programs are effective and complete for all companies including:
- Hazardous fuel handling
- DOT driving
- Fire suppression
- OSHA required training
- Other site-specific safety requirements
- Establish and manage the Safety Committees activities.
- Complete site-specific safety audits and assessments, driver assessments and ride alongs
- Manage emergency response plans for each location
- Manage workers compensation claims, assist in medical management, and costs.
- Manage required safety documentation such as OSHA 300, workers compensation logs, and safety trends.
- Develop and manage safety incentive programs.
- Mange environmental compliance and reporting are complete and accurate.
- Leverage technology to deliver training in the most effective ways
- Maintain audit readiness and recordkeeping
The preferred candidate for the Safety Manager will have the following:
- Five or more years of experience in Safety Management or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to build an engaging participative program
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills and action oriented
- Engaging and approachable demeanor
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn company systems and processes.
- Adheres to the company’s core values and mission statement
- Able to effectively multitask.
- Understanding of DOT regulations and compliance
- Excellent understanding of OSHA regulations
- Ability to train in groups and reach all levels of associates to include any others pertinent to Safety by bringing a written program to life through training
Related to this job
Posting ID: 649898535 Posted: 2021-10-01 Job Title: Safety Health Environmental Manager