Our founders started Aerotech in a garage in Pittsburgh's East Liberty in 1970. Today, from our home base in RIDC Park, we're a market leader in engineering and manufacturing precision motion and automation -- and at our core we're still a bunch of makers, builders, crafters and people who like to figure out how stuff works. Our employees are our future, and we continue to grow by investing in our employees. At Aerotech, we build careers.
The Logistics Clerk is responsible for moving raw materials, parts, and finished goods between local manufacturing facilities and vendors, including inspections and light assembly.
- Move raw materials, parts, and finished goods between multiple manufacturing locations
- Move parts and finished goods to and from local vendors
- Coordinate with senders and receivers for efficient transfer
- Perform visual inspection of parts
- Perform limited measurements to verify function, size, or shape of parts or components
- Perform light assembly tasks such as small assemblies, threaded insert installation, packaging and labeling, etc.
- Prepare kits and groups of parts or components
- Package materials, parts, and finished goods for transportation
- Clean parts for use in cleanrooms and high vacuum environments
- Work with a variety of communication mediums including cell phones (call and text), email, instant messaging, phones, and others as required
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of related experience and/or training
- Qualified candidates must have mechanical aptitude
- Qualified candidates must have experience utilizing tools
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship. Aerotech does not provide US work authorization sponsorship for this position. OPT and CPT visa holders are not eligible for employment if they will need work authorization sponsorship at any time in the future.
- $500.00 Sign-On Bonus payable in two installments: the first half paid after 90 days and the second half paid after 6 months.
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus Program
- 401(k) Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Health Insurance
- Company Paid Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Education Reimbursement
- Financial & Retirement Planning Resources
What You'll Love About Us:
Our company culture has always centered around one thing: achieving results by being Dedicated to the Science of Motion. We feel a sense of accomplishment when our innovations are used to build technology that improves lives. Through our employees' hard work, focus on details, commitment and creative-thinking, we are not only able to make Aerotech highly successful, but also share that success with our employees. Whether it be through our profit sharing plan, Employee Stock Ownership Trust, comprehensive health benefits or education reimbursement, we are focused on rewarding results while supporting our employees' well-being. Our employees are the building blocks of our company, which is why we uphold our track record of never laying off an employee and continually reinvesting our earnings year-after-year. We strive to prove to our employees that our dedication extends beyond today by providing long-term incentives and a vision for the future. If you are looking for a chance to build your future, apply today!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
The Company is collecting the information requested in this employment application for purposes of evaluating your suitability for hire by the Company. The Company will share the information that you provide in this employment application only with Company management officials who are involved in the hiring process or who are otherwise involved in making employment-related decisions on behalf of the Company.