SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health for a nursing job in Midwest City, Oklahoma.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Behavioral Health
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
$10,000 sign on bonus with a 2-year commitment available applicants with at least 2 years of RN experience!
$5,000 sign on bonus with a 2-year agreement available for new grads and nurses with less than 2 years of RN experience.
Are you wanting to work in a healthcare setting where you are treated like family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? With SSM Health St. Anthony Midwest that is not just a saying but truly our culture!
Not ready to apply? Click here to fill out a quick interest form and a nurse recruiter will be in touch. direct patient care to behavioral health patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients including behaviors; accurately and within time-frame set in policy and procedures.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and judgement to analyze patient assessment data and notify physician of changes in condition.
- Participates in the development, review and evaluation of multidisciplinary treatment plans as per policies and procedures.
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing standards and ministry policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians orders.
- Assesses and monitors patients and environment for safety within the unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource and supervises care delivered by LPN's and techs.
- Educates patients and families based on assessed needs and documents education provided in the Electronic Health Record.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
About SSM Health
SSM Health has grown to be one of the largest integrated health systems in the country, because leadership, administration and providers work closely together to find solutions to the most pressing needs in medical care today. Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined to innovate, optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery and patient interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in regular discussions designed to standardize practices that yield better outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Relocation bonus