Casco Bay Dental offers a great work environment at a company who cares for employees. We are an independently owned general dental office located in the heart of Brunswick, and we are looking for a part-time Dental Hygienist for 2-3 days per week. Our team takes great pride in providing a positive environment and experience for all of our patients. A positive attitude and commitment to delivering exceptional care are essential.
Dental Hygienist Job Responsibilities:
- Collect medical and dental histories from patients
- Perform clinical assessment, which may include caries risk assessment, periodontal charting, blood pressure, oral cancer screening, and photos as indicated
- Take x-rays as prescribed by the dentist to determine the extent of any decay and disease
- Provide preventative care to patients, including prophylaxis, placing sealants, and applying fluoride varnish
- Administer periodontal treatment, including scaling and root planing
- Administer local anesthetics to patients
- Educate patients of all ages on proper dental hygiene and care
- Provide associated administrative support, including hygiene recall scheduling, maintaining detailed patient documentation, other record-keeping
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Practice universal precautions and other sterilization and infection control procedures and maintains equipment
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Maine license, active and in good standing
- X-ray Certification
- Anesthesia Certification, preferred
- Basic life support certification
- One or more years of clinical experience as a dental hygienist
- Computer skills required, experience with Dentrix preferred
- A friendly, positive attitude and ability to be flexible to contribute to the team as needed
Patient Schedule: Flexibility to choose ideal days.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Casco Bay Dental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
We have all proper PPE available for COVID protocols (including N95's) and have invested in air filtration and Purevac HVE. All patients are screened prior to their appointments, patients are waiting in their cars, and masks are required for entry.