Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 5,000 locations and a team of 18,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in United States, Canada, and has a growing presence in Europe.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
REEF Site Managers will oversee the operations of REEF’s business at their respective location. This position will manage Vessel Captains and Kitchen Supervisors to ensure a variety of REEF applications succeed in conjunction with each other on a particular site but will have a substantial focus on our Kitchens application.
Field operations, a responsibility of the general management organization, spans all of REEF’s Applications, including but not limited to; neighborhood kitchens, grocery, healthcare, last-block logistics, experiential retail, and more.
This role will play a key role in REEF’s success within the market through being a champion of their specific site—knowing how to be sure all the various Applications function successfully as REEF continues to build the ecosystem that brings the world to your block. The role requires creative problem solving, interpretation of performance data, management of clients and vendors, and personnel oversite.
- Manage a diverse team of Vessel Captains and Kitchens Supervisors (people who manage individual businesses on a REEF site).
- Responsible for the end-to-end employee life cycle of team members in our vessels. This includes hiring, development, scheduling, performance management and engagement of our team members.
- Meet or exceed KPIs in coordination with regional management.
- Create a work environment that makes REEF a great place to belong.
- Understand how to manage costs and maximize revenue at vessel level.
- Ensure the safety of all operations, particularly food and beverage health code compliance.
- Ensure the operational efficiency of infrastructure, including site maintenance, utilities oversight, safety and security, product quality and handling, and labor scheduling.
- Support site-level client relationships.
- Is able to interpret direction in a way that is relevant to the site and its applications, ensuring local operations support neighborhood and MSA KPIs.
- Has a background managing fast-paced teams, espeically in the hospitality business.
- Can troubleshoot local challenges with creative problem solving, ensuring business operations continue despite unexpected challenges.
- Executes the business in accordance with budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Frequently interacts with key external stakeholders, customers, and/or functional peer group managers.
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing relative to the Vessels under their management.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership, strong communication and analytical skills, superior influencing capability and the ability to establish credibility throughout REEF and with key local stakeholders. Strong candidates will have experience managing hospitality, restaurant, or innovative growth businesses, and will have demonstrable experience overseeing diverse teams.
What we want from you
- Single-site level operational experience preferably at hyper-growth real estate, hospitality, food and beverage, or mobility companies.
- Experience in the market in which you’re applying.
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation skills; experience managing teams and working collaboratively across multiple levels, and functions.
- A team player with high EQ and collaborative approach to leadership.
- Tolerance for uncertainty and a rapidly changing environment.
- High intensity execution mindset, able to operate at pace.
- Gravitas and presence, capable of leading a diverse team.
- Need to be a believer, devoted to the mission and excited about the company’s potential.
What We will Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.