- Full-time, Part-time
- Chandler, AZ 85226
Export Compliance Specialist
Perform transportation activities relating to both inbound/outbound routings for both domestic and international shipments.
- Creates export documents including, but not limited to, commercial invoices, shipper's letters of instruction, carrier waybills, and shipper's export declaration for each international shipment.
- Reports mandatory export data to government agencies for each international shipment which meets the specified requirements.
- Researches and assists sales groups with pre and post shipment support which may include documentation requirements, shipment resolution and customs clearance issues.
- Creates necessary documentation to facilitate both domestic and international shipments.
- Screens transactions for license determination in accordance with export regulations.
- Catalogues department records and maintains and updates files in accordance with record retention policy.
- Identifies, investigates, and participates in opportunities to improve processes and procedures, to include various key performance metrics.
- Works directly with carriers to ensure both pricing and service levels are achieved and maintained.
- Provides customer service through tracking, tracing, routing, supply-chain model creation and carrier management.
- May negotiate rates and follow-up audit to ensure accuracy.
- Identifies areas of operational opportunity, and creating and implementation of solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Acquires basic skills through work experience or formal training to perform routine tasks.
- Tasks are routine, repetitive and manual in nature with minimal complexity or variation and specific to the job.
- Work is performed under supervision with detailed instructions. Priorities are provided for performing work.
- Interacts mostly with immediate peers within assigned team. Based on nature of the role, may respond to requests from others in the organization.
- Impact of decisions is primarily contained to the work of the job.
- Typically requires less than one year of related experience.
Education and Certification(s):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possession of basic understanding of transportation operations and world geography necessary to understand logistics events and create solutions.
- Position may require travel.
Entry level knowledge of US Customs requirements. Intermediate SAP operational experience. Ability to learn quickly, and multi task.
This position will have access to ITAR product and therefore be authorized to access product. This position requires the employee to be a U.S. Citizen or National, or a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20), or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (see application details).
- Chandler, AZ 85226