As a Basecamp Fitness Assistant Studio Manager, you will help to lead a dynamic team that positively affects the lives of our members on a daily basis! You will help to manage the daily operations of a fast-paced fitness studio, hire, train and develop the staff in the studio,build relationships with Basecamp members and address their concerns ensuring positive outcomes.
Benefits & Perks
- We offer Medical, Dental and Vision plans among others
- 2 weeks PTO over the course of your first year of employment
- Bonus opportunities
- Workout for free!
- Fitness casual dress-code
- Passionate, collaborative work environment
- Retail discount
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting the Studio Manager in organizing, planning and implementing membership strategy
- Leading daily shift operations including shift huddles, on the spot coaching for ambassadors, and hitting shift targets for leads, trials and new memberships
- Managing client and staff concerns throughout the course of a shift
- Ensuring proper execution and consistency of all front desk systems and operating procedures. This includes member greeting, check-In, bike set-up, telephone inquiries (general and sales related), guest registration, cash handling, delinquent account procedures, customer care calls
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and well stocked facility at all times. Following through on daily studio cleaning checklists and maintenance efforts. Ordering all product for the studio.
- Promoting retail products and educating members on the benefits of products available in studio
- Responsible for meeting studio EFT revenue targets by building new membership dues. This is accomplished through a combination of personal selling, ambassador coaching, lead generation, CRM management, booking appointments, confirmation calls and guest follow up calls, texts and direct messages.
- Completing Daily Shift Reports and maintaining accurate up to date notes in the studio's CRM system
- Displays enthusiasm, energy and a passion for health and fitness. Must possess basic fitness acumen
- Naturally connects and builds rapport with a range of people and personalities
- Enjoys and thrives in sales-focused roles; performance-driven
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to lead - set direction, inspire action, delegate tasks, train, develop and hold people accountable
- Forward-thinking and creative
- Able to execute on a game plan
- Manages time well in a fast-paced work environment
- Open to coaching and feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to adapt and learn computer systems (POS, CRM, etc.) in a timely manner in order to be successful in this position
Minimum Education & Knowledge:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Minimum Work Experience:
- Customer Service or Retail experience required
- Sales experience highly preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Flexible to work during day, evening and/or weekend hours based on studio needs
This position reports directly to the Studio Manager
Basecamp Fitness provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
High School or Equivalent