Assistant Salon Leader
Job Title: Salon Leader
At SmartStyle we got room for you and plenty to offer!!!
-Start making money on day one
-Up to 60% commissions, tips, and bonuses
-No clientele required, currently turning guests away.
-Existing client base? We book appointments.
-Work/Family balance Flexible scheduling
-Ongoing development opportunities and monthly education topics to keep you on trend with the latest styles and techniques.
-Product and tool discounts to help maximize your skill and creativity.
-Cuts, colors, texture, styles, and waxing – you get to do it all.
-Located inside busy Wal-Mart ( sees more than 50,0000 customers a week)
-Advancement opportunities into Assistant Salon Leader, Salon Leader, and Multi Salon Leader positions.
We also have a great benefit package with -Health Insurance
-Paid for Birthday
-Numerous employee discount (costco, sams club, cell phone, rental cars, hotels, much more)
-We have chaplains standing by 24/7 for counseling or just an ear to listen
-We also love giving back to our community!
-A salon environment with peers who lift each other up.
Make the move to SmartStyle and take your career further than you thought possible!
Reports To: Market Leader Direct reports: Assistant Salon Leader/Stylist/Receptionist/Other Salon Associates
The Salon Leader is responsible for overseeing all aspects of salon operations. The Salon Leader is directly responsible for achieving salon goals. Specifically, the Salon Leader is expected to:
- Ensure salon team provides exceptional customer service
- Market the salon and grow the business
- Recruit, Interview, Hire, Staff, Lead, Coach and Develop a team
- Ensure the salon schedules meet the needs of the business
- Manage and control expense
- Demonstrate strong technical ability
- Complete required administrative tasks
- Lead a team to accomplish sales goals
- Achieve personal productivity goals
- Lead through YHSG vision & mission statement
- Valid current cosmetology license, to include a manager license as required by local (or state/provincial) cosmetology regulations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and consistently perform quality services.
- A team player with strong leadership qualities. Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace while demonstrating good judgment and time management skills.
- Communicate effectively with salon team, peers, supervisors, Wal-Mart staff, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to read and analyze various salon reports.
- Basic reading, writing, math and computer skills required.
Ensure team drives guest loyalty through an exceptional salon experience:
- Responsible for creating a culture consistent with YHSG values and mission. Build necessary business relationships and create an environment of development. Responsible for building a high performing team that works together to achieve results.
- Coach and develop the team through existing guest service training programs.
- Collect or verify guest information during every visit.
- Create weekly salon schedules using available scheduling and forecasting tools that support the customer experience and ensure the salon is adequately staffed.
- Ensure salon team presents a professional appearance and a positive attitude.
- Handle and resolve customer service issues to maintain customer loyalty, timely and meaningful.
Promote the salon within the community and grow the business:
- Utilize existing business tools to attract and retain customers.
- Coordinate promotional sales displays as directed
- Develop and maintain local business relationships and community involvement
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with peers, salon personnel YHSG leadership team, YHSG office personnel, YHSG support partners, as well as Wal-Mart staff, Wal-Mart management, licensors and beauty schools
Lead and develop a team:
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and retain staff in partnership with your Market Leader.
- Create a positive work environment through motivation, recognition and coaching.
- Use set monthly goals to create daily goals, objectives for team, measure performance and provide coaching.
- Schedule and conduct staff meetings and technical workshops as required.
- Document important conversations and incidents partnering with your Market Leader.
Manage and control expenses:
- Effective control of salon payroll.
- Effective control of salon operating costs such as supply and retail inventory, utilities, and maintenance costs including back bar process and controls.
- Audit salon to ensure employees charge correctly for services and products.
Demonstrate strong technical ability:
- Display a sound understanding and perform all available services in a competent, efficient and professional manner.
- Train and provide guidance to employees on proper techniques for services offered.
Complete required administrative tasks/compliance:
- Enforce and promote all YHSG policies, procedures and work rules.
- Ensure closing procedures are adhered to and daily bank deposits are made.
- Ensure that the assets of the salon are protected & that safety, security & loss prevention policies are adhered to.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the salon and that the salon complies with all applicable state and local sanitation rules and YHSG salon standards
- Perform and delegate a variety of tasks related to salon operations, including but not limited to: answering telephones, stocking shelves, taking cycle counts/inventory, and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all staff licenses are current, valid and posted as required.
- Ensure all items required by state and federal law are posted in salon as directed by company.
- Maintain and uphold safety standards by identifying and correcting conditions that affect salon safety.
- Ensure salon is open for all posted hours covering any employees’ shifts, if necessary.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. to pick up bottles of product needed to perform hair services and stock retail shelves. Occasional lifting 10-25 lbs. to assist unloading monthly shipment of products.
- Continuously perform hair services and perform other job-related functions throughout each work shift.
- Greet customers at the front of the salon, escort them back to the styling chair and to and from the shampoo area and escort them back to the front of the salon once the services are completed.
- Retrieve supplies needed to perform services from various areas of the salon, including taking trash to Wal-Mart designated area.
- Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms, including but not necessarily limited to using scissors to cut hair, rolling hair in rods to perform perm services, vigorous movement to massage/shampoo guest’s hair, twisting wrists to blow dry and style hair with various irons.
- Continuous grasping of customer’s hair, blow dryer, curling iron, combs, and hair coloring brushes in order to perform services.
- Continuous reaching, alternating between shoulder level and above-shoulder-level height to perform services, stock shelves, retrieve product/supplies from cupboards and shelves.
- Frequent twisting and bending to shampoo customer’s hair, frequent twisting to reach for tools while customer is seated in styling chair and sweep hair off the floor after service.
- Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and customer perfume.
- Occasional climbing of ladder/step stool to stock shelves, retrieve products, change bi-monthly collateral, and maintain salon.
- Visual observation of customer’s hair, including close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding services offered and requested and regarding customer’s needs and desires with regard to such services.
“You are submitting your information for potential employment opportunities with an independent franchisee of Regis Corporation or one of its subsidiaries (collectively “Regis”). If hired, you will be a direct employee of the franchisee, not of Regis. Franchisees are independent business owners/operators who set their own wage and benefit programs which can vary from Regis or other franchisees. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the salon including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing, scheduling, wages and benefits. Regis will not receive a copy of your employment application and will have no involvement in any hiring or other employment decisions. ”