Provides professional nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice.
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire date.
- Require Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification within 90 days of hire.
- Require Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 120 days of hire.
- Require any OB/Neonatal Certifications obtained during employment will be maintained during the remainder of employment. These include but are not limited to: Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification, Maternal-Newborn Nursing Certification, Low Risk Neonatal Certification, any Lactation Certification.
- Prefer certification in nursing specialty area.
BSN: Bachelor of Science Nursing
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License
Labor & Delivery Registered Nurses- Relocation Asssistance available
Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth.
Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital & Venice Hospital
Relocation Assistance Available
Full time, Part Time and Seasonal Opportunities available
Will train experienced Med-Surg/Cardiac RN's to the Labor & Delivery skill set
Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Sarasota Memorial Hospital was recently recognized again by ranking #1 Hospital in the Region by the U.S. News's Best Hospital report by scoring a Perfect 10! Not only that, but SMH was also designated at a national "standout" hospital for earning top ratings in all evaluated conditions and procedures - an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of the 4000+ hospitals. Our system has also earned Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as well as these additional accolades: Gallup Great Workplace 2018; recipient of an "A" grade for Patient Safety. Sarasota Memorial Hospital is Magnet designated and the only provider of Level II trauma services, obstetrical services, and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County.
The benefits of being the best:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights:
Total Rewards Package