Relief Service Coordinator
Austin, TX 78717
Updated 8 days ago
Relief Service Coordinator
Job Number: 21-514-11385
Service Coordinator Job Summary: The Intake and Enrollment (I & E) program serves people diagnosed with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities who live in a variety of non-institutional settings. Services are designed to meet the person's needs so they may remain in the community and have opportunities to participate in their community to the maximum extent possible.
As an I & E Relief Service Coordinator you will help to enroll individuals into ongoing services and supports for individuals diagnosed with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD). In addition to IDD, many individuals you will serve will have mental health and/or medical diagnoses. Individuals served range in age from very young children to the geriatric population. You will have a rotating caseload of individuals for whom you will work with to help improve their quality of life. You will provide these services in the community, including their place of residence, schools, day programs, etc. The relief service coordinator role is a dynamic position that entails working with the individuals and their support systems, facilitating meetings, crisis prevention and advocacy. As their relief service coordinator, you will not only monitor their HCS Services, but also help support individuals in leading meaningful and fulfilling lives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate meetings amongst the service planning team related to enrollment into IDD services
- Complete individualized care plans
- Maintain documentation of all client contacts within required timelines and in compliance with program requirements
- Develop working relationships with community providers
- Travel locally, daily, for client visits
- Utilize electronic health records, Microsoft Word/Outlook and other applications.
The Candidate we are looking for is:
- Excited to work with the IDD population. If you don't already have experience with this population, then you must be motivated to learn.
- You like to stay busy and you are self-motivated. You enjoy having a career that keeps you on the move and you are excited by the fact that no two days are the same.
- You are able to effectively communicate with all kinds of people, but you also work well independently.
- You are organized and able to keep up in a fast paced environment.
- You don't mind documentation and you excel at time management.
- You have the ability to respond to deadlines in a timely manner
- Most importantly, you are looking for a career that makes a difference in peoples' lives.
Service Coordinator Education:
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree with a major specialization in Human/Behavioral/Social Services or related field.
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree with a major specialization in Human/Behavioral/Social Services or related field.
Service Coordinator License:
- Current and valid Texas driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Center certification to perform service coordination (Training will be provided during the onboarding process to obtain this certification.)
Service Coordinator Experience:
- Bilingual in Spanish
Hours: Relief, as needed; Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.Salary : Starting Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) salary is at $18.50 - $19.59 an hour based on education, but internal applicants are subject to Integral Care's QMHP career ladder.
Sign-on incentive: Integral Care looking to grow our teams with talented and caring people just like you. Currently, we are offering a $2,000 sign-on incentive for all newly hired employees! All newly hired employees will receive $1,000 on their first paycheck and $1,000 on the paycheck following their six-month anniversary.
Why join us: Integral Care has proudly served Travis county residents for the past 50 years. As the largest provider of behavioral health services in Travis County, we are dedicated to improving the lives of adults and children living with mental illness, substance use disorder and intellectual and developmental disabilities.
By joining our team, you will find rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we can help improve the quality of life for the people we serve. Imagine your career at Integral Care!
Integral Care strives to maintain a diverse workforce. We encourage all to apply, including those who have knowledge and/or experience working with underserved populations, including Asian and Pacific Islander, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, and LGBTQA communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.
For specific positions, additional compensation may be available to those who are bilingual in both English and one of the following languages: Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, or Burmese . (PM16)
Qualified Mental Health Professional, QMHP, Case Manager, Rehabilitation Specialist, Service Coordinator, Mental Health Professional, Mental Health Specialist, Social Worker
Posting ID: 654373421 Posted: 2021-10-13 Job Title: Relief Service Coordinator