ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and approach all guests in a sincere, courteous and service-oriented manner, and whenever possible, goes the extra mile to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Thoroughly and correctly set up the bar prior to opening and make sure the bar is clean before and at the end of shift according. to operational policies and standards to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.
- Completes necessary side-work as per schedule, this includes stocking and organizing all liquor, juices, glassware, paper, wines, cut fruit, etc.
- Knowledgeable about all menu items and beverages served, their garnish, contents and preparation methods.
- Adhere to all local and national liquor laws.
- To take and know inventory at all times and requisition daily supplies as needed to ensure efficient operations.
- Take order accurately and follow proper cashiering functions by completing/closing guest checks and submitting information into POS system.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance, grooming and hygiene, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Completions of Bartender's school or course preferred or relevant related experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year of bartending experience preferred.
- Must complete and maintain up-to-date alcohol serving class, such as TIPS or other state approved classes.
- Ability to read/ write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic math, computer and POS system functions.
Equal access to programs, service, and employment is available to all persons. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disability, arrest record, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.