From $65,000 a year
Number of hires for this role
- Restaurant management: 4 years (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
General Manager (Two Locations)
South Riding Inn Bar & Grill, South Riding, VA 20152
Ashburn Village Inn Tap & Grill, Ashburn, VA 20147
Welcome to Loudoun County’s best neighborhood sports bars! With an emphasis on great food, drinks, and service, the South Riding Inn (opened in 2001) and its new sister restaurant the Ashburn Village Inn (opened February 2020), aim to deliver the ultimate neighborhood bar & dining experience in Loudoun County. Watch all the college and pro games while enjoying your favorite cold beverage. Choose from up to 16 different draft beers (with an emphasis on local breweries) or a wide variety of spirits while you enjoy our casual, laid-back atmosphere.
With up to 20 Samsung TV's to watch whatever team you call your own, you'll be sure to catch every big play, every overtime victory, or that 50-yard throw for a game-winning touchdown deep in the fourth quarter.
Locally and independently owned, we live in the neighborhood and enjoy our role of supporting the community and local schools in the South Riding and Ashburn area. We take a lot of pride in the community we operate, and plan to always be a locally owned, locally made, community focused neighborhood bar and grill. We offer guests superb food where relaxed, sociable gatherings come together creating one of the best sports/dining experiences in the area!
In this full-time role, you will be responsible for managing both restaurant's daily operations, including employee selection, development, and performance management. You will be responsible for creating a great customer experience by maintaining the restaurant's appearance and ensuring the delivery of great customer service by staff. You must possess strong organization and leadership skills, which will make you a success. You must have a talent for conflict resolution to address customer concerns and employee relations matters. This position will oversee all staff activities, including inventory and ordering food and supplies, optimize profits, and develop programs to make our restaurant’s an employer of choice.
The General Manager reports to the Owner of the South Riding Inn & Ashburn Village Inn. This role will have active oversight and support from its two engaged Owners; however, you will be empowered to run it and make decisions like its your own. You make your own schedule – we evaluate you based on outcomes/results. Join a fun team with a family like culture where employees and customers are treated with respect and admiration.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of impact.
- Adhere to service standards to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
- Conduct weekly food and beverage inventories and maintain food, liquor and beer cost percentages within stated goals
- Responsible for vendor management, from negotiating best prices on perishables and non-perishables, to ensuring accurate billing and timely payment of invoices
- Ensure personnel/payroll-related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time, and according to company policies and procedures.
- Oversee event management, including but not limited to live entertainment, trivia, special events, private events, daily specials, monthly specials, etc.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain a professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Work with staff to ensure efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Ensure prompt action by staff on placement orders, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
- Must be ServSafe certified and uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensure positive guest service and promptly respond to feedback.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly if a guest or employee is injured.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Oversee the deployment of orientation and training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback and establishing performance expectations.
- Update menu items in POS system, including daily specials
- Reconcile Daily Sales, investigate and account for discrepancies, as needed, and enter sales into QuickBooks
- Minimum of four (4) years in a General Manager position in a fast-paced, high-volume setting.
- Previous experience as Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager prior to becoming General Manager is highly desired.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel, Quickbooks a must).
- Strong understanding of forecasting and P&Ls.
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Display self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability, and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Possess strong communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage, and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
Hours may vary if the manager must fill in for their employees or if emergencies arise (typical work week = 50 hours).
Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level, including expediting when needed.
Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 50 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment and operate phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
WHY CONSIDER US?
- Unique and fun culture.
- Quarterly bonus opportunity based on meeting financial targets
- Paid vacation
- Work in a great location.
Employee and customer safety are our #1 priority. South Riding Inn & Ashburn Village Inn follow CDC requirements, state and local regulations.
Visit us at https://www.southridinginn.com or https://ashburnvillageinncom to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- Quarterly bonus program
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Casual dining restaurant
- Restaurant management: 4 years (Required)