When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be working on a team that is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of IPSS, FNPS, and the Traffic Aggregation services provided to civilian government agencies. IPSS provides active mitigations to secure government email and DNS. Traffic Aggregation provides advanced analytics for all of an agency’s Internet traffic.
As a part of the engineering team, you will support a large onboarding initiative to migrate customers from other ISPs onto the Verizon IPSS services and assist in maintaining continuity of these services once onboarding is complete. Your primary role will be to assist federal agencies in developing the configurations required to ensure that their enterprise networks interface seamlessly with the Verizon IPSS offering.
- Translate stakeholder and Government requirements into network solutions, modifications, and support upgrades (network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation, and testing).
- Provide support related to the designing, deploying and efficient and optimal operation of business critical enterprise and network environments.
- Strive to understand the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols to provide innovative and new ideas to solve complex engineering challenges.
- Provide troubleshooting support and guidance to rapidly assess and remediate challenges in the Networking arena that arise.
- Work directly with the client to explore, investigate, analyze and assess new technologies to modernize and improve upon existing Networking solutions.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain government sponsored security clearance.
- Experience with SMTP functionality and experience with troubleshooting issues with both onsite and Cloud versions, specifically:
- Cloud: Office365, Gmail, ProofPoint, FireEye
- Onsite: MS Exchange, PostFix, Cisco ESA/IronPort.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routers, switches, proxies, and firewall rules and policy, NAT.
- Experience with vendors such as: Cisco, Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Juniper, and Fortigate.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Active government sponsored security clearance.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IPsec VPNs, both router-based and firewall-based, with particular emphasis on certificate-authenticated (PKI) configurations.
- Knowledge of DNS functionality and experience troubleshooting issues, specifically with DNS server software such as Windows Domain Controllers, BIND, InfoBlox, and F5.
- Experience with the Linux command line interface and basic scripting, with the ability to run commands and interpret results.
- Experience with Cloud architecture such as AWS and Azure, specifically how these services operate with respect to DNS and SMTP in an Enterprise environment.
- Broad understanding of vendor interoperability as well as interoperability with third-party systems relevant to firewalls, SMTP, and DNS; experience with IT system integration and troubleshooting interoperability issues.
- SQL, PHP development experience.
- Experience with Cloud-hosted DNS and Active Directory.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Internal ID: 571364PandoLogic. Keywords: Network Engineer, Location: Ashburn, VA - 20147