Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, a state-of-the-art regional medical center located in Oregon’s picturesque Willamette Valley. The creators of Sacred Heart at RiverBend are on the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
With its natural beauty, easy access and ample space, RiverBend is the perfect site for an inspiring, technologically advanced facility providing exceptional medicine and compassionate care through the 21st century.
We have created a health and wellness destination, complete with private rooms with spectacular views and a two-story atrium in the lobby to allow natural light into the interior of the building along with a fireplace to provide a warm lodge-type atmosphere to help reduce stress.
Large, comfortable private rooms provide a restful place for patients and their families. Most of the private rooms have outstanding views, and all have in-room sleeping accommodations, so a family member can be close to offer support.
This position is eligable for up to a $1000 sign on bonus upon 90 days on the job. This position would be contract to hire upon directly with Peacehealth.
Site Location: 3333 Riverbend Rd. Springfield, Oregon 97477
Variable shifts and schedules available:
Rotating weekends depending on shift, Monday-Friday, Part-time schedules available.
The Senior Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils. They will act as the senior person, providing direction to lower-level employees. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine.
- Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
- Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
- Polishes silver.
- May wash pots.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May buff floors using heavy equipment and steam clean trash cans.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.