- Full-time, Part-time
- Macungie, PA 18062
The Production Lead will be responsible assist Operations Manager for Inventory management, component calculators, outbounds, inventory cycle/physical counts, inventory reorder points, damage/waste, Customer assurance, work with the Customer Service to recognize and eliminate any store level requirements, work with Sales to recognize and resolve D/C level requirements and resolve any disposition of product (picking up, scrap, return to vendors). Fulfillment of orders, operational expenses invoices. Lead workforce to: maintain and promote a safe environment per Pratt Industries Safety Requirements, schedule workforce daily to meet needs of the warehouse, maintain and promote clean work environment, maintain and promote a high quality standard (no damaged product to the customer, maintaining and in house QA process, timely disposition of damaged goods.
Operations Lead will be assisting the Operations Manager and will be leading a warehouse that drives sales from web base as well as industrial base, meaning that they will be managing a pallet delivery as well as parcel delivery business.
Directly lead the work assignment temporary employees assigned to the department.
Directly supervises the work all employees assigned to the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Two years prior supervisory experience.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work in Packaging Industry
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation. This also supports the supervisor's role of teacher and trainer for his/her personnel.
Cost issues in order to make daily decisions that will reduce overall costs and will help the supervisor find areas that require improvement.
Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The individual must posses the following:
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher for his personnel both in the technical and administrative parts of the position.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
The performance of the Operations Lead will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - the supervisor will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the supervisor.
- Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the supervisor to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the supervisor and his/her superior.
- Employee relations - through observations the supervisor will be evaluated regarding his/her skills and advancements in the areas of motivational techniques and results, positive and corrective/constructive feedback, subordinate development and creating a positive work environment.
- Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the supervisor is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Pratt Industries provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
- Full-time, Part-time
- Zionsville, PA 18092
- Zionsville, PA 18092
- Allentown, PA 18106
Related to this job