- Full-time, Part-time
- Merced, CA 95341
Why Work at First?
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity. Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you will receive a competitive benefits package that includes: 401k with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and vision).
General Manager Job Summary
At our locations, General Managers are responsible for the direct oversight of the transit systems we operate. More specifically, it is up to them to ensure we maintain safe and reliable transportation in the communities we serve by effective employee leadership and client relations. Our location in Merced has 140 employees, 70 vehicles, and provides fixed-route, paratransit, non-ADA dial-a-ride, and micro transit services.
Responsibilities of a General Manager
- Effectively leads location employees in meeting the location's goals.
- Handles all contractual services to include administrative functions, information systems, parts purchasing, and inventory control.
- Ensures compliance of all company procedures and policies to include First Quality Management (FQM) requirements.
- Ensures services are provided within budget and action plans developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintains company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensures compliance of local, state, and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzes, prepares, and develops budgets and forecasts.
- Negotiates operating budgets and contractual terms with customers.
- Assesses resource needs, problems, and trends and plans accordingly.
- Develops action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assures a safe working environment.
- Provides and promotes effective communications with customers.
- Provides leadership and guidance to develop location and company bench strength.
- Establishes training goals and requirements for all personnel.
- Satisfies client, corporate, and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
- Assists in technical sales support and develops sales leads.
What we would like you to possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum 5 years fleet management/maintenance leadership experience.
- Computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Evidence of building solid relationships with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams.
- Successful track record in managing budgets and/or P&L responsibility.
- Ability to interface with using agencies, directors, elected officials, operators, and all levels of hourly and salaried employees, including senior management.
Apply today to join our team
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.