Plant Supervisor - Ready Mix - Mahnomen, MN (Aggregate Industries) in Mahnomen, Minnesota | Careers at United States
# of Openings 1
Requisition ID 2021-11662
Product Line Ready Mix
Job Locations US-MN-Mahnomen
Company Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
**This position is eligible for a sign-on and retention bonus.**
Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality, construction building materials in the United States, and a subsidiary of LaFargeHolcim, is seeking a Production Supervisor for our Carrington & Sheyenne ND plants. This role is primarily responsible for oversight, coordination, planning and batching/loading of daily production activities to ensure uninterrupted supply and delivery of ready mix concrete to our customers. It is also responsible for driving efficiencies, while maintaining a strong safety culture.
- Batches ready mix concrete dry batch plant.
- Ensures conformance with policies and procedures, safety regulations, and local, State and Federal laws and regulations. Leads by example in Safety.
- Makes recommendations for workforce planning, hiring, training, development, work allocation, conflict resolution, performance evaluations and separations.
- Supervises, coordinates, assists and monitors plant and driver activities to include the maintenance of equipment.
- Supports and assists personnel in achieving timely and efficient production schedules
- Investigates abnormal operating events, or equipment failures to determine the cause, and makes adjustments, repairs and/or modifications, as needed.
- Performs daily inspections on the plant
- Analyses operational data and reconfigures operating areas as necessary to provide adequate, economical service
- Oversees the overall safety of all personnel working at, loading out of or visiting the site.
- Ensures proper documentation of operations activities in logs and/or incident reports.
- Maintains an effective system of communications with supervisors and customers service.
- Works closely with Operations, Sales and Dispatch to understand customer requirements, and to effectively communicate the ability to meet requirements based on available resources.
- Maintains housekeeping to the highest standard
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalency required.
Required Experience: Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in Construction Industry, Ready Mix experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, supervisory experience preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CommandBatch and dispatching system experience preferred
- Experience with DOT and difficult engineering specifications in mix designs
- Computer proficiency including Windows, Google Mail and associated applications, knowledge of spreadsheets and entering data