Title: Community Base Security Officer (CBS) - Field Uniform Duty
Reports to: Lead Officer
Location: Austin Texas
Compensation: 12.00 to 16.00 ( Raise Every 6 months )
An S88 Community Based Officer (CBS) is an officer that has completed all appropriate online and physical training modules, taken and passed a drug test and background check, and is ready for duty in a field or dress uniform as defined under Uniform in the S88 Officer Standard Operating Procedures. Basic duties include protecting a site in a fixed location. All duties listed below are minimum requirements – additional duties listed in the site’s Post Orders are requirements as well.
· Retail Strip Mall Location, Apartment Complex or other outdoor protection.
· Employee Interaction – upon arrival for duty, the officer walks through all stores that have hired S88 so presence is known by the customer. The frequency of these walk-throughs is one time every two hours minimum.
· Employee Escort - the officer provides security escort for employees or customers to vehicles or other designated locations as requested.
· After Hours – the officer maintains a fixed post on foot or in a personal vehicle after all employees and customers have left. The post is in an area where all entrance and exit points are visible, so the officer can stop trespassing and loitering.
· Door Check – after all employees of a particular property have left the premises, the officer checks every door and if in a retail mall area, every store to ensure that the last employee locked up and set all alarms.
· Lighting, Trash, and Security Assessments – during patrols officers provide lighting, trash, and security assessments as necessary and applicable. These consist of notifying the customers via reports of lights that are out, the trash that is not disposed of properly, and any other potential areas where a breach of security is present. Examples include identifying places where there is no fence, a hole in a fence, overgrown trees or bushes for hiding criminal activity.
· Reporting - the officer must report detailed information about what was seen and heard. This duty is imperative as this is the means by which the customer receives from S88 the assurance that the property was secured on a particular day at a particular time. The Operations Manual includes specific details on how to write clear and accurate Activity Reports
License # B-06233001