- Piffard, NY 14533
Senior Electrical Technician
- To provide technical support through maintaining, developing, revamping, and recommending computer systems and related equipment including software , and PLC control programs.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for repair, set-up, recommendation, and maintenance of plant instrumentation
- Assist Electricians as needed
- Assist Controls Engineer with control equipment design, installation and trouble shooting.
- Assist IT/OT group with PC s, networking, WiFi, radio communication system, SAP terminals and scan guns.
- Responsible for assisting plant personnel in obtaining software and troubleshooting problems as needed.
- Responsible for providing telephone, telephone switch and voicemail system for local staff.
- Responsible for repairing and maintaining facility s, AB and OPTO 22 PLCs and other control systems as necessary instrumentation, pneumatic system controls, etc.
- Responsible for assisting Project Engineers in developing control schematics and loop drawings as needed.
- Responsible for providing information relating to customers hardware and software purchasing decisions
- Responsible for making sure users can use the equipment, by providing personal tutoring and self-help instructions
- Responsible for undertaking housekeeping and reporting functions for the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for remaining current in all required company and job-related training.
- Responsible for promoting harmonious working relationships.
- Responsible for delivering quality products and services to all internal and external customers.
- Responsible for representing Morton Salt ensuring proper business conduct and good public relations.
- Responsible for following all Safety, Environmental and Quality Control policies and procedures.
- Accountable for Ensuring Compliance with all QC Requirements GMP, FSP and providing technical expertise to drive continuous improvement in product quality
- Responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
- AAS Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology Electronics OR High School Diploma with 10 years plant and electrical engineering technology experience
- Certifications/Affiliations Required N/A.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Possesses knowledge of technical information on the unit/area
- Demonstrates background knowledge of operating procedure and process
- Proficient in maintenance, set-up and calibration of process instrumentation
- Networking Skills
- Network protocols and subnet masking. Control Systems
- Proficiency in PLC software for Allen-Bradley SLC-500, PLC5 and OPTO 22 Snap I/O Programmable Logic Controllers currently monitoring and controlling plant production equipment.
- Vision system software controlling the can line inspection station.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Normal working schedule is daylight shift - flexible schedule and overtime may be required.
- Responds to urgent or emergency situations during work and outside of normal working hours, as needed.
- Works in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time.
- May perform sustained manual activities at moderate to heavy levels of exertion including lifting and moving loads of a minimum of fifty 50 pounds
Apply directly or send resumes to email@example.com.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Related to this job