The Maintenance Dispatcher is responsible for communications for emergency and non-emergency calls. The dispatcher will receive requests, transmit messages to the appropriate person or agency. They will ensure all calls are logged in and completed in a timely matter.
The ideal candidate must be primarily an excellent communicator and able to remain calm and composed, especially in emergency situations. You must be able to multi-task as well as take the appropriate action with little supervision.
The goal is to enable different parties to communicate well by ensuring the accurate and timely transmission of information.
- Receive and answer emergency and non-emergency calls
- Record all the calls using Ecotrak CMMS Software
- Proactively address problems and suggest solutions
- Receive and dispatch orders and calls
- Assess situation and prioritize calls
- Oversee the route of field units and track delivery status of products
- Coordinate schedule in the most effective manner
- Track and update call logs and data in software programs
- Provide reports to upper management including open calls, quotes pending, etc.
- Assist in coordination of projects including equipment installs
- 1-3 years of experience as dispatcher or similar position
- Fast typing skills
- Experience in data entry
- Hands on experience working in stressful, emergency situations
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High school diploma