Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Human Resources Director
Location: Elizabethtown, NC
We at Campbell Oil Company will work diligently to provide every customer with an Exceptional Customer experience, providing Superior Products at Competitive Prices, backed by the Personal Service that we have learned from Three Generations of hard work. The basis of our longevity has been to provide a Family oriented, Collaborative work environment where Feedback is valued, Teamwork is critical and where Respect and Support are given as we all seek to provide for our Families. We are looking for dedicated and loyal team members with a passion for service on the job and in our communities to join our growing work family. The successful Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing Human Resources support to the Retail Organization. The HR Generalist activities include employee relations, recruiting and staffing strategy, resolution & management, communication, training, and HR process coordination.
What will I do?
This position will develop policies and programs where needed and manage the HR processes throughout the affiliated Companies and then train, train, train! Position will help implement and coordinate sustainable HR policies and procedures, ensure HR guidelines, policies and procedures are met and are compliant with corporate guidelines.
- Core Hours: 8am – 5pm M-F
- Benefits to fit your needs: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Profit Sharing, 401k
- Flexible Schedules when needed
- Professional Training
- Safe Work Environment
- Leadership Training
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (include, but are not limited to the following)
Human Resources Focus
- Serve as a link in the field between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and administering policies, and resolving work-related problems.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotions and employee benefits.
- Establish processes and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, payroll, performance appraisals and employee benefits.
- Advise Directors on organizational policy matters
- Assists with new employee orientation and 14-day review program and 90-day onboarding of new and transitioning employees
- Partner with hiring Managers to determine staffing needs/levels, recruiting strategy and implements strategies in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with the administration of employee benefits, compensation, performance appraisal programs, personnel record keeping, unemployment claims and training.
- Ensure compliance with the affirmative action programs.
- Assist HR Director regarding employee relations issues and recommends actions which are consistent with corporate policies.
- Participates on strategic, annual, or ad-hoc HR projects
- Assist with preparing materials for delivering, and conducting employee meetings, such as, employee training meetings, committee meetings, etc.
- Provides overall administrative support, ensuring the accurate, timely and efficient processing of HR transactions.
- Refers more complex or controversial HR issues to the HR Director for resolution advice and support. Prepares all supporting documentation as needed for management/legal review and decision making.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or combination with commensurate experience
- HR or business-related major
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Three plus years of human resources experience preferably in a retail or high traffic environment
- Experience using an HRIS, payroll, and talent management software.
- Knowledge of employee benefits, employee relations, FMLA, and unemployment.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Remarkable organizational skills and conflict management skills.
- Strong decision making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Maintains the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality regarding company information.
- High Integrity
The work of this position is performed in an environmentally controlled office environment. Field travel to retail and wholesale locations may be required where needed. This position requires the ability to work under pressure and communicate with a diverse population including other employees, customers, vendors, etc.
Campbell Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.