We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
As a Store Manager Trainee, you’ll train on all aspects of successfully running a store in preparation for running for your own store. You’ll be involved in supervising day-to-day store activities, ensuring overall store performance, identifying staffing needs, managing schedules and developing operational action plans while mentoring and developing the team.
Position Type: Full-Time
Estimated Hours: 40 hours per week
Store Manager Trainee Starting Wage: $25.00 per hour
Estimated Store Manager Earning Potential Year 1: $69,000 - $93,000 (inclusive of salary and bonus when applicable)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations and performance of the team to provide the highest level of customer service for the customer
•Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees
• Handles customer concerns and ensures an appropriate resolution
• Ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times, as well as the quality and freshness of ALDI products
• Assists in the hiring of store personnel by reviewing resumes and employment applications, as well as interviewing candidates
• Prepares, manages, and revises weekly schedules to ensure appropriate store staffing levels
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to direct reports to ensure mutual understanding and desired results
• Conducts store meetings
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist direct reports in achieving enhanced performance
• Conducts annual performance evaluations, recommending store personnel for advancement and termination as appropriate
• Achieves store payroll and total loss budgets
• Manages cash audits in conjunction with their direct leader according to company guidelines
• Monitors the competitive environment within the community and makes recommendations to the direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain a competitive position
• Provides product feedback to their direct leader, including recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued
• Provides a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
• Oversees product merchandising and maintains proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering
• Conducts store inventory counts and reconciliations according to company guidelines
• Complies with all established company policies and procedures while upholding the security and confidentiality of documents and data
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
• Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Ability to provide and lead others to provide prompt and courteous customer service
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures
• Ability to establish goals, guide employee performance to ensure the quality and completion of work assignments
• Ability to evaluate and drive performance of self and others
• Ability to understand and apply management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and expenses
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler and perform general cleaning duties to company standards
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner, following instructions and giving attention to detail
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a retail environment
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
• Prior management experience preferred
• Full-Time Store Manager Trainees will often train at multiple locations and must have flexibility to travel within divisional requirements
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.