Press Operator - T-F (3p-1a)
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking an experienced Rewind Slitter. Cenveo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, 401k, ESPP, PTO and Company paid holidays.
Converts large rolls of printed and non-printed labels into specified quantities for shipping. Splices and rewinds end or remnant rolls into reusable rolls.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Converts large rolls of printed and non-printed labels into specific quantities as requested by the customer.
- Slits labels into correct size if necessary
- Completes score sheets which calculates the amount of work being performed.
- Cleans work area
- Lifts between 10 and 75 pound rolls of paper
- Bag and organize rolls on carts for Shipping
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent. May include specialized classes beyond high school
- Has proficient understanding of principles in one or more functions. Typically possesses 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read, interpret and create simple correspondence and memos.
- Knowledge of mechanics and hazard communication standards and material safety data sheets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Generally performs single function tasks that tend to be of moderate size and scope.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Frequent exposure to manufacturing environment with one or more unpleasant or hazardous conditions including but not limited to exposure to dust, dirt, high noise levels, chemicals, etc.. 21% to 50% of work time.
- Incumbent constantly required to walk, stand, grasp, reach, push/pull, bend, stoop, twisting and use of manual dexterity for prolonged periods of time.
- Incumbent regularly required to hear, speak, and use color vision.
- Incumbent regularly required to carry and lift up to 50 lbs.