LeJeune Steel Company is focused on becoming the pre-eminent structural steel provider in North America focused on delivering large, complicated and fast-track projects. We are a group of forward-thinking, focused, knowledgeable individuals that are looking to grow our exceptional team.
Our Core Promise:
We tackle every project with uncompromising tenacity and unmatched mastery, making our customers’ vision a reality. Building the tallest, coolest, never-been-done-before buildings takes courage and strength. You have to be smarter than everyone else. Not just book smart, but hard knocks smart – living it smart. Because the best solutions to the trickiest problems don’t just happen. You get there by tackling the impossible, working around it, designing through it and engineering it into reality. And not just by doing it,
But by Outdoing it.
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellence, nothing less
- Enjoying our work
- Safety, health and well-being of all of our employees
- Combining small company abilities with large company advantages
What We Are:
At LeJeune Steel Company, our people are our most Important resource. We're looking for a highly motivated Machine Operator to program, set up, and operate various CNC Machines.
Responsibilities/Tasks of role:
- Processes material to specifications and coordinates with production control.
- Programs equipment including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, calculating requirements, including basic math and geometry.
- Operates overhead hoists to position materials to be processed.
- Completes regular calibrations and verifies accuracy of machine during processing.
- Maintains specifications by observing cutting, beveling, drilling, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, replacing worn consumables, tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting repairs, calling for repairs.
- Maintains communication among work shifts by documenting actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications.
- Maintains workstation by keeping work area free of debris and clutter to include scrap materials.
- Obtain certifications to operate overhead cranes daily and forklift as instructed.
- Analyzes blueprints and specifications to verify layout and required operations.
- Download CNC files from network to machine.
- Performs required quality control checks on finished products.
- Off loads material from machine center with overhead cranes.
- Finishes and packages material for delivery to subsequent operations.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Knowledge in oxy fuel and plasma cutting.
- Knowledge of basic drill/saw feed rates and speeds.
- Efficient in inventory and waste controls.
- Basic LEAN manufacturing knowledge or the ability to obtain 5-S certification within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to use electronic devices such as iPad or tablet to complete work.
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset.
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Basic mathematic skills are required.
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen, and physical.
- Ability to quickly move hand, hand and arm, or two hands to grasp manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Ability to see details at close range with or without prescription glasses.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or each with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Ability to make fast simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
- Ability to coordinate two or more limbs while sitting standing or lying down. It does not Involve performing the activities while the whole body Is in motion.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly, occasionally lift greater than 50 lbs with support of other team members.
- Ability to stand on hard surfaces for 10+ hours a day, 5 days a week in steel or composite toed boots with metatarsal guards.
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.