Counselor - School Based (LPC / LCSW) - Join our growing team
Rivermont, is a subsidiary of New Story Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont, a New Story School is seeking a School Based Counselor to provide therapeutic support to Rivermont students. The Licensed Counselor ensures that there is appropriate therapeutic design within all student programming. This position is for our "Hampton" school location. We are seeking LPC's and LCSW's to join our team
- Organizes parent/family participation activities
- Collaborates and coordinates with parents and other agencies to increase quality of services.
- Responsible for PBIS (positive behavior interventions and support) planning process oversight
- Assists in the collection of quality indicator data.
- Provides group and individual therapy as indicated by student need
- Plans, schedules, conducts and provides guidance to others in social skills instruction.
- Knowledgeable of principles of behavior change, supervises PBIS meetings, monitors students PBIS plans and provides guidance and feedback to classroom staff
- Ensures completion of initial assessment within 30 days of student enrollment.
- Coordinates tele-psychiatry as indicated by student need.
- Provides clinical supervision and/or monitors the licensing process of MHC III's
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
- 5 year(s): Clinical experience in one or more of the following environments: child and adolescent psychiatric inpatient, residential, day hospital, outpatient or educational. Theoretical backgrounds in child and adolescent normal development, abnormal development, therapeutic interventions for individual, family and groups.
- Masters or better in Social Work or related field
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Lic Clin SW
- Licensed Prof. Counselor