Hiring immediately for full-time hourly Sous Chefs or Kitchen Managers.
- Eligible for medical, dental, 401(K) retirement plan and paid time off
- Competitive pay and bonus eligibility
- Paid management training program provided
- Clear path for growth – we promote from within
- Uniform (chef’s coat / hat) provided at no cost
- Free meal per shift
- Employee referral program for outside your own location ($250 for team members and $500 for management)
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Financial support from the employee-funded Lucky Cat Fund Assistance during times of hardship for qualifying team members
- Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas at most locations
- A great place to work and make friends – a true team and family environment
The Sous Chef leads a culinary operation with the freshest ingredients, the cleanest kitchen, top of the line equipment, and high operating standards, reporting directly to the Operating Partner.
- Lead a high volume, scratch kitchen of passionate people through knowledge and experience of food prep and execution of menu items, procedures, and recipes to kitchen staff
- Ensure guest satisfaction through memorable culinary experiences
- Develop, mentor, and inspire your culinary team to remain curious continuing to learn and teach
- Promote a fun and positive family-style work environment
- Provides clear direction to the kitchen staff throughout the shift
- Assists with scheduling, interviewing, and hiring at the direction of the Operating Partner
- Provides feedback to staff and recognition of staff
- Responsible for maintaining product quality standards by performing regular line checks
- Will engage in prep and line cooking activities as needed during the shift to ensure timely execution
- Accountable for following and executing all state safety and sanitation guidelines
- Contributes to building sales and maximize financial success for the restaurant
- Assists with cost control and food inventories as directed by the Executive Chef
- 2+ years of prior culinary or restaurant management experience
- Experience working in a hands-on, fast paced, high volume environment
- Experience mentoring and training hourly team members
- Exposure to managing inventory, cost of goods and overall control of financials
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of eight to ten hours in length each shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, balance and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs. repeatedly during a shift. At times it might be necessary to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate kitchen equipment including a wok, mixer, slicer, and buffalo chopper, as well as have the ability to use knives appropriately and maintain their integrity
- Must be able to work around various levels of temperature, including warm to very warm temperatures in the kitchen
- Experience working in casual or upscale dining
- Experience working in a restaurant chain or franchise with established processes, systems, and accustomed to corporate structure and protocols
Why work for us?
Because it’s more than a job. We are passionate people doing meaningful work, motivated by our purpose: To celebrate life, family, and food.
P.F. Chang’s is a unique concept like no other restaurant; a scratch kitchen and concept you can take pride in. We believe in P.F. Chang’s – 28 years strong and still growing, sharing, and celebrating each day!
How We Protect Our Team Members
The Company reviews CDC guidelines and complies with Federal, State, and local rules to keep our P. F. Chang’s Team Members and Guests safe.
- Search for jobs by keyword or location.
- Gather your work history, and if applicable prepare your resume for submission.
- Click “Apply Now” to submit your application.
- If you meet the qualifications of the job, someone from PF. Chang’s will contact you.
Interested in learning more about the position, but not ready to apply?
- Click on the P.F. CHANG'S WORK WITH US and provide your name, address, email, telephone number, and career area you are interested in.
- Someone from P.F. Chang’s will contact you to discuss the opportunity.