Plant Mechanic, 2nd Shift in Rockville, Maryland | Careers at Rockville West - Ready Mix and Quarry
# of Openings 4
Requisition ID 2021-11762
Product Line Aggregates
Job Locations US-MD-Rockville
Company Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality, construction building materials in the United States, has an immediate opening for a Fixed Plant Mechanic to support operations at Rockville Crushed Stone in Rockville, Maryland. This position will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of fixed mechanical equipment, systems and machinery. Some overtime will be required.
- Routinely walk the plant to inspect mechanical equipment and parts and systems in need of repair or replacement.
- Communicate with Plant Management on a daily basis to discuss items in need of mechanical attention.
- Maintain crushers, conveyor belts, pulleys, pumps, screens and screen bearings.
- Prior to undertaking any diagnosis or repair, conduct a job safety analysis to identify and isolate any hazards such as energy (lock-out, tag-out), working at heights, confined spaces, etc.
- Report all incidents, accidents, near misses and first aid events to Supervisors as soon as possible. Complete incident reports as instructed.
- Attend and actively participate in regular safety toolbox talks, production meetings and trainings
- Adhere to all Company Safety, Environmental, Compliance, Human Resources and Plant policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience performing the functions listed above in a construction, building materials, manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Proficient in hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Welding skills highly desirable.
- Strong safety-orientation
- Ability to work overtime.