Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking a Director 3 of Facilities Operations
for Sharp Memorial Hospital located in San Diego, California. Opened in 1955, Sharp Memorial is Sharp HealthCare's largest hospital and the system's only designated Level II trauma center. Located in Serra Mesa, the hospital has 862 beds, including 48 for intensive-care services
$10,000 sign-on bonus available for this role. Overall, the successful candidate:
-Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
-Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
-Provides support in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics, and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors.
-Negotiates project and service contracts. Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling. Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
-Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all times. Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with Joint Commission EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency Preparedness survey inspections, preparation and document requirements.
-Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Assists in gathering information and assembling files for State Health Inspections.Preferred:
- Supervisor/Managerial Experience; 3 to 5 years as a Plant Operations Director in an Acute Care Hospital setting.
- Supervisor/Managerial Experience; Managing engineers in a union environment, preferably in a large shop (40 plus staff) in an Acute Care Hospital setting.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. Apply online today!
- Employees in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than February 28, 2022, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
- After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
- Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
- Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience- 5 years
Basic Functional Experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.