The Lead Cook position at Pick Up Stix is extremely important.
The Lead Cook is primarily responsible for completing Cook responsibilities. Supervising and coordinating activities of food preparation and kitchen teams, when the Line Cook is not in the restaurant, by following Company standards as well as making sure the food we serve to our Guests is of the highest quality and consistent Every Day, Every Time.
As a Lead Cook you will assist the Lead Cook in maintaining positive and open communication with the FOH, BOH, management team and Company leaders. You will assist with ensuring the BOH team is following recipes, wok news, food focus program and any other company initiatives. In addition, you are responsible for preparing food products for Guests, maintaining the highest level of product quality and cleanliness. You will support the Line Cook to control food cost, maintaining correct inventories and par levers as well as controlling kitchen labor costs. You are responsible for cleaning and sanitation of food preparation areas, storage areas, the interior and exterior of the restaurant, equipment and utensils. You are also expected to provide prompt and efficient service to Guests in a courteous and friendly manner to exceed Guest expectations in an effort to provide total Guest satisfaction. You'll have a great eye for detail, and will make sure the kitchen is neat and clean at all times, and that the food you create is just as it should be served according to Pick Up Stix standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Stand, use hands, fingers to feel, talk, hear, taste, smell. Lift/move items up to 50 lbs. Work in a loud environment Walk, reach with hands and arms. Sit, stoop, climb, balance, kneel, crouch. Work with moving mechanical parts. Have close and distance vision, depth perception, focus adjustment.
- Must have 1-2 years of cooking experience
- Ability to train, develop and motivate all staff
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Basic math skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must pass all required tests for this position
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 1+ year of experience in the food & restaurant industry
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 50 lbs
- Food Service license/certification: Food Handler's License