Manager, Contract (226 days) 4 Positions
The Construction Manager assists the Director, performs ongoing site observations as appropriate to the stage of the program/projects, administers and coordinates the activities of the contractors, implements the District's bond program, and develops procedures to ensure compliance with all Dallas ISD policies and procedures. as part of the construction and design process.
- Enhance the District's communications effort by coordinating the preparation and presentation of architectural projects to the public and local authorities.
- Provide technical accountability on assigned projects, general supervision, and technical guidance regarding design, and related disciplines.
- Supervise the development, updating, and implementation of the District's educational specifications and design guidelines.
- Attend regular meetings with program managers, contractors, and other specialists
- Oversee the preparation of conceptual designs, studies, and technical documents in coordination with other technical staff and the project teams
- Evaluate technical recommendations provided by the Program Manager, Architects, and others involved in all aspects of the planning, design, and construction process. Provide timely input and professional opinion.
- Provide sign-off at the completion of each design phase and completion of construction.
- Provide summary briefings for areas of responsibility to the Director.
- Provide on-site monitoring and reports the status of assigned construction to the Director. Prepare and submit reports using the approved templates.
- Participate in various procurement processes, including selection, negotiations, and contracting when required by the Bond Program procedures.
- Monitor the program manager's performance relative to practices and after observation bring to attention any required improvements.
- Work with the Bond staff and Program Manager regarding compliance, procedural issues, and the timely preparation and distribution of reports.
- Review and evaluate Program Managers during the procurement phase of the projects.
- Assist in the selection of Program Managers proposing to provide services for the Bond Office. Attend pre-proposal, pre-conference, and other construction conferences as directed by the supervisor.
- Conduct field verification and observations at construction sites. Implement and maintain a standard reporting procedure for the District.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management required.
- A minimum of ten years of directly related experience in construction, architecture, or engineering.
- Familiarity with K-12 design and construction issues and trends is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Windows, Office Professional, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal, reading, and written communication skills. Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, architectural drawings and specification manuals.
- The candidate must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Thorough knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of construction, engineering, and construction management.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing school facilities' construction.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment and construction techniques used in the design and construction of various school facilities and principles of engineering.
- Ability to analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions.