- Full-time, Part-time
- Babson park, MA 02457
Benefits & Leave Administrator
Henley Enterprises, Inc. (and our associated entities) is a privately-owned Franchisee of Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) currently operating over 230 VIOC locations in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, California, and Louisiana. The Company has grown rapidly and projects continued growth moving forward. This position is based out of the corporate office in Newton, Massachusetts and reports to the Benefits Manager.
Administers all Company leave programs, including maintenance of the leave management system, communications with employees requesting, on and returning from leave and coordination with employee’s manager, HR Business Partner and payroll. Informs and advises employees on benefits matters regarding eligibility, coverage and provisions. Compiles and maintains benefits records and documentation and other related duties. May assist with special projects within the benefits area, over time gaining exposure and experience with some of the complex responsibilities within the job function.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as a key point of contact for employee inquiries regarding leaves of absence (LOA)
- Track and report, accurately and diligently, LOA data (Kronos Leave Module)
- Review and resolve questions/issues relating to personal, FMLA and other federal, state and Company provided leaves of absence
- Communicate request process, Company approvals and denials, return to work requirements and other important information to team members, supervisors/ managers, and Human Resources
- Provide front line customer service and support for benefits function. Serve as primary contact responding to written and verbal inquiries and resolve first level employee benefit issues; escalate to the Benefits Manager as needed
- Create and/or facilitate and distribute end-user reports as needed, with various frequency & formats
- Stay abreast of current various state and federal leave requirements and trends, and communicate and implement policy and process changes necessary to remain compliant
- Other leave, benefits and HR function duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience with Leave tracking software (Kronos experience a plus)
- Proficient computer skills in Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Customer-centered communication approach, both written and verbal
- Strong time management/organization
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player
- Flexible work schedule & competitive pay starting at $24/hour
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent work related experience; business management degree or HR/Benefits accreditation a plus
- 2 to 4 years HR, Benefits or related work experience
- Multi-state/multi-unit or retail environment experience preferred
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 20 pounds.
- 5% travel is expected for this position.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- Full-time, Part-time
- Boston, MA 02130
- Newton, MA 02458
Related to this job