* This is a PRN, Day shift *
Looking for a RN Case Manager, opportunity where patients come first, and you are valued as a team member? We have opportunities for you at our Case Management Department! We have Full-Time, Part Time and PRN positions available on various shifts. As a RN Case Manager, you will be a vital member of the care team for our patients, assessing and evaluating their condition, while providing compassion and comfort. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.
* Stack-able Shift Differential Premiums additionally per hour when applicable *
Assesses, develops, plans, implements, and evaluates patients discharge planning needs to next level of care in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.
- Ensures compliance with Condition of Participation (CoP) discharge planning.
- Identifies and escalates gaps/barriers related to inpatient and observation length of stay.
- Assesses patients at high risk for readmission. Identifies root cause for readmission. Develops plan and collaborates with multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning to next level of care.
- Participates with other members of team regarding opportunities for improvement in standard work.
- May also be responsible for: utilization management process, ED case management process, admission process, and act as a case manager liaison with post acute providers (skilled nursing facilities, rehab, home health, etc.).
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Three years' acute care experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.