IWE Installation Technician
Job Summary: As a team member of the Service staff, perform water treatment, repair, troubleshoot equipment, control systems and softener systems. Installation of these systems is also expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for installation of water treatment control systems.
· Repair of feed pumps, controllers, powered valves, and other components.
- Learn how to troubleshoot water softener systems and teach others.
- Experience in electrical systems to 110 VAC.
- Able to converse and interact with customers and coworkers, always in a professional manner.
- Prepare service reports for customers detailing work and tests performed within 24 hours.
- Complete all paperwork required by the organization for successful tracking of details in a timely manner.
· Coordinate with IWE personnel or mechanical contractors to install new equipment.
· Troubleshoot plumbing equipment and electrical/electronic components.
· Work with copper, PVC and malleable steel materials as well as some conduit applications.
· Perform all work in conformance to Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations and company policies.
- Direct activities to ensure that installation and operational testing of equipment conform to functional specifications, manufacturing requirements and customer expectations.
- Communicate directly with customers about the needs of their systems and equipment.
· Coordinate with office on the needs for projects and detail on parts.
- Assist with equipment inspections, audits, and repair planning for IWE and Customers.
- Perform water analytical tests from steam boilers, hot water boilers, cold closed loops, cooling towers and others, and perform sensor calibrations.
· Run water analysis and help make proposals based on the water chemistry and the equipment found on the customer’s site.
- Provide feedback and approval for new construction projects needing equipment or for replacing existing equipment.
· Assist with chemical manufacturing and warehouse duties if needed.
- Interface with IWE Staff daily.
- Help train field/support teams in the areas of equipment operation, troubleshooting and programming.
- Maintain cleanliness of all work areas, job sites, tools, test kits and vehicle.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Journeyman Certificate in Plumbing; an MM-4 is preferable.
- Experience in electrical, HVAC and plumbing, especially in facilities maintenance.
Skills and Competencies
- Electrical and plumbing experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Adhere to DOT Regulations.
- Loading and unloading of heavy chemical drums, equipment, and tanks safely.
- Anticipate and communicate issues before they reach a crisis point.
- Willingness to work extra hours and weekends if needed.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
The Installation Technician will be required to sign a non-competition agreement as a condition of employment and must pass a drug test. Industrial Water Engineering has a random drug-testing program, as do our customers. The ability to obtain a security clearance is expected. Industrial Water Engineering is a non-smoking facility. Tobacco use is prohibited on company property and on customer property. All persons driving a company vehicle as a part of their job will be terminated if convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Industrial Water Engineering is an at will employer. Orientation period is 3 months.
INDUSTRIAL WATER ENGINEERING IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, OR AGE.
Related to this job