Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it's a career, and one in the financial world! We pride ourselves on helping our employees learn, grow, and advance in any direction they choose. We offer a highly competitive salary, great benefits package and an energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit our careers page on our website to view our exciting opportunities and our fantastic benefits.
We are currently seeking Universal Bankers to join Kirtland FCU.
Join the rest of our teammates and become eligible for a generous benefits package that we offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement savings program that includes employer match
- Paid time off with accrual starting from day one
- Tuition Reimbursement for College Degrees
- Employee Clothing Advance
- Paid holidays: In addition to New Year's Day, Independence Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day, we also observe Martin Luther King Day and President's Day.
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Travel Assistance
This is what we'd like you to do:
Be responsible for creating an exceptional member experience. What does that mean? You will perform a broad variety of member service functions, including teller transactions, cash handling, account maintenance and opening new accounts. You will identify needs, develop financial relationships, and consistently provide members with opportunities for appropriate loan and deposit products and services.
These are what your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Create, maintain and enhance member relationships, ensuring an exceptional member experience.
- Perform a broad variety of member service functions with accuracy and in a timely manner, to include teller transactions, cash handling, account maintenance and opening new accounts.
- Generate and process loan applications for all consumer lending products, vehicle loans, credit cards, signature loans, and share secured loans.
- Identify needs, develop financial relationships, and consistently provide members with opportunities for appropriate loan and deposit products and services.
- Maintain and balance a cash drawer, adhering to Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Prepare and evaluate information which reflects the current credit worthiness of members and prepare consumer loans for underwriting approval based on KFCU lending policies and procedures. Notifies applicants of loan decisions.
- Assists members with servicing loans by processing such items as payoffs, refinances, payment extensions and payment due date changes.
- Ensures that lending operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are legally compliant. Ensures that loan requests are properly documented.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies and applicable regulations.
- Support the credit union's mission, vision, strategic goals, quality initiatives and service standards.
- Provide exceptional internal and external member service.
Can you to bring to the table:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum two years' experience working in a financial institution - preferred but not required
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Proven member service skills and the ability to resolve problems independently or to escalate as needed to promote member satisfaction.
- Skilled with identifying and assessing member needs; creating, building and maintaining strong relationships gaining the members trust.
- Multi-task oriented with excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to cross-sell various products and services based on member needs
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to be influential
- Proficient computer skills
To apply for this position, visit our careers page at www.kirtlandfcu.org/careers
Kirtland Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.