Valvoline has several rewarding opportunities as a Loader/Unloader for our La Porte, TX facility. You will play a key role in helping one of the most respected names in the automotive industry keep moving; our Loaders and Unloaders are the backbone of our organization and allow us to keep running our business smoothly and efficiently.
We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Forklift inspection and driving of forklift, as needed, for product handling in a safe manner
- Utilizing systems and equipment to:
- locate, pull and stage materials for shipment
- properly prepare, label and load materials onto trucks for shipment
- properly prepare materials and load materials onto export containers for overseas shipments
- properly receive inbound materials when delivered and properly store same
- complete SAP / Scan Gun transactions as needed
- Completion of all EHS training and job related training, as required, on a timely basis
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years experience in a Distribution center
- Must be able to learn and utilize computer programs to print labels and paperwork for shipping
- Must be able to safely operate material handling equipment, including forklifts
- Must be able to lift 65 pounds
- Must be able to walk, sit, bend, lift, climb as needed to perform daily duties
- Must be open to evening and night shifts and work a reasonable amount of overtime as required
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- SAP experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Forklift certification preferred
- Valid Driver's License required
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.