Who we want
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker's mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takesgreat pride in their people, and that's why we're looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for people with a passion for Supply Chain to helpensure that we are exceeding the expectations of our customers. As a SupplyChain intern at Stryker, you will:
• Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting
• Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop yourskills
• Put the customer first, and gain valuableexperience as a result
• Network with key/high-level stakeholders and leaders of the business
• Be a part of an innovative team and culture
As aSupply Chain intern at Stryker, you will be placed in one of the following teams:
Purchasing Analyst interns help procure raw materials from Stryker's suppliers with the right quality, at the right price, arriving at the right time. They continuously re-evaluate desired inventory targets throughout the duration of a product's life cycle.
Business Planner interns are responsible for scheduling the production of products on our manufacturing lines to balance optimal cost efficiencies for our business while supporting customer sales. They facilitate the communication between Operations and Marketing regarding future inventory projections.
Distribution interns help prepare for the monthly Executive Demand Review and facilitate the discussion of key demand planning topics for the meeting. They may lead a cross-functional project focused on improving the Integrated Business Planning process. Interns will learn how to use data analytics to problem solve and make better informed business decisions. They will partner with Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Operations to develop forward looking demand plans.
Demand planning interns help guide the business to improve the accuracy of revenue forecasts, aligns inventory levels with increases or decreases in demand, improves customer service levels, and enhances profitability for a given channel or product line.
Product Lifecycle Management (PLCM)
PLCM interns help support business strategy and develop processes to improve cost-leverage, provide insights on how to create more efficiency in managing the product lifecycle and/or portfolio, conduct product portfolio analysis, and promote cross-functional collaboration for successful alignment on and execution of PLCM activities.
Project Management Office (PMO)
PMO interns support active product development projects. They also play a role in improving analysis of these projects from timelines to budgets to resource reporting. Interns in the past have provided incredible contribution to our never-ending quest of providing the best and easiest-to-read data for our division's executives.
Majors Targeted: Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration
What You Need
• Currently working oncompletion of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
• Cumulative 3.0 GPA orabove; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require employment-based sponsorship now or in the future.
• Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, andanalytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility,flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing prioritieswith enthusiasm
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Proficient onbasic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Provenleadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multipleprojects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
Work From Home: Not available
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.