At Dell Technologies, we show we care about the professional development of our college graduate hires by offering them continuous opportunities to improve their strategic, technical and networking skills. Dell Digital (IT) Development Program (ITDP) team members get invaluable exposure to a variety of projects that have real world value & impact on the entire company. In addition, our IT Development Program participants have many opportunities to contribute to local service projects, build a community with their fellow peers, and experience the inclusive and engaging culture of Dell Digital. With a wide variety of projects and responsibilities spanning across several IT organizations, the college professional can expect to be fully engaged within Dell Digital. As an IT Development Program participant you will become a member of Dell Digital, Dell Technologies’ IT organization.
The Dell Digital team harnesses the performance, reliability and ingenuity of our IT team with Dell Technologies’ renowned customer-first commerce platforms and experiences to “Make IT Real” and enable Dell Technologies’ own digital transformation. In addition to modernizing and innovating all our cloud, commerce systems and applications, we are embracing the Dell Digital Way, a process and cultural shift in how we work alongside our business teams using a direct, simplified and streamlined approach to design, develop and deliver new products in line with their goals and timelines.
As a part of the IT Development Program, you’ll experience rotations for your first 2 years in Dell Digital. This rotation program is designed to give you more opportunities to learn on different teams and gives you more control over the direction of your career. During the program, you will have the opportunity to complete two 1-year rotations before being placed in a 3rd role upon graduation.
You will be matched to a team for each rotation based on 4 factors:
- Your skills (i.e. coding languages, technologies, methodologies, etc.)
- Your career journey you choose to pursue (backed up by necessary skills – listed below)
- Manager’s candidate preference (based on facilitated interviews)
- Your team preference (based on facilitated interviews)
Upon starting, you will not yet be assigned to a team. During your first couple of months, we will work with you through onboarding and team placement.
**Career Journeys in Rotation Program**
The role type could be one of:
- Product Manager
In one of these career paths:
- Supply Chain
**Your Role Responsibilities**
As an ever-evolving function within a global transformational organization, Dell Digital strategy, projects, structure and priorities are subject to continuous review and revision. We are looking for well-rounded and adaptive professionals who can thrive in times of change and ambiguity.
**Depending on business needs, your day to day role may include**:
- Practice and facilitate Human-Centered Design (Design Thinking) methodologies
- Develop high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers.
- Learn and balance user and business goals to achieve desirable, viable, and feasible solutions
- Work on interactive design projects that meet both user and business objectives, while maintaining and supporting brand standards
- Partner and collaborate effectively with researchers, engineers, designers, product owners, and business stakeholders on all initiatives
_For Engineer/Product Manager:_
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, CIS, or similar
- Strong Object Oriented Analysis and Design skill or strong adherence to SOLID software design principles
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming languages; operating systems; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable.
- Able to code/debug simple programs using either written or verbal design specifications
- Undergraduate degree and 0-1 years relevant experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Graphic Design, or similar
- Knowledge of standard design artifacts (user flows, wireframes, comps, prototypes) and ability to execute them effectively with supervision
- Knowledge of the design iteration process and practicing methods, the design critique practice, the value of effective verbal and written communication, and of the importance of how decisions meet the needs and motivations of the user
- Familiarity with, and ability to design for and test accessibility (WCAG 2.1, AA standards)
- Strong skills with Adobe Cloud (Primarily Illustrator, Photoshop and XD) or other industry tools such as Figma, etc. and familiarity in additional applications such as Miro, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Video Editing software
_**\*To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status**_
- Designing, testing, documenting and iterating global applications based on system and user requirements as well as pre and post launch test data
- Knowledge of SQL Server development and database design
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiar with Unit Test, Mock, Test Driven Development etc.
- Experience with Waterfall, Pivotal and Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding and examples of having utilized Human Centered Design successfully