- Full-time, Part-time
- Sedalia, MO 65301
Lube Technician - PT & FT Positions
Provide quick lube and additional services in a professional and courteous manner to our valued customers. There are various positions associated with a Lube Tech. You will be trained in all positions regardless of what position you are hired for. You are expected to be able to work all positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
General duties that include but are not limited to:
- Complete all required computer-based training and other on the job training within the required timeframe.
- Report for shift on time and dressed in proper uniform to include required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), slip resistant shoes and good hygiene.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment including using all safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- Greet all guests within 6 feet, in a professional, pleasant manner.
- Attend store meetings, including monthly safety meetings.
- Follow all Allied Lube and Jiffy Lube policies and procedures.
Curbside Marketing duties that include but are not limited to:
- Hold hand held advertising signs and/or engage in any other form of curbside marketing such as cold calling businesses in the area or handing out coupons or flyers outside of the store location to attract guests for the immediate purchase of an oil change or state vehicle inspection.
- Must be engaging and energetic to the guests by moving around, waving or any other action that is appropriate and safely grabs the attention of the guest.
- Clean and maintain the guest lounge, restrooms, parking lot and all property surrounding the store to maximize the guest experience.
Courtesy duties that include but are not limited to:
- Clean, organize and stock work station.
- Ensure tools are easily accessible.
- Review activity board and be familiar with primary and secondary duties assigned.
- Greet the guest and escort them to the lounge using the "No handles" policy, and provide them with a "lounge orientation" to inform them of the location of coffee/water, restrooms and magazines.
- Place protective covers on the vehicle's floor (seat and steering wheel if necessary).
- Drive guest's vehicle into/out of the bay area.
- Assist in a complete check of vehicle's lights.
- Vacuum complete interior of the vehicle (including underneath the floor mat) and discard obvious trash.
- Thoroughly clean exterior windows (including sun roof and side mirrors).
Upper Bay duties that include but are not limited to:
- Safely guide the guest's vehicle into/out of the bay area.
- Ensure proper care is taken to help eliminate damage to guest's vehicle (fender cover placement).
- Check and communicate initial oil level.
- Determine, communicate and physically verify correct oil filter application.
- Check and adjust all tires levels on vehicle to proper inflation.
- Check, communicate and fill necessary fluids -replace all caps.
- Add oil, start vehicle, check oil pressure gauge, check oil dipstick.
- Complete additional ancillary services requested by guest.
- Observe lower bay quality inspection as well as perform upper bay quality inspection to ensure zero defections.
Lower Bay duties that include but are not limited to:
- Complete under vehicle inspection.
- Remove oil drain plug, loosen and remove oil filter, wipe mounting plate and check filter spindle.
- Inspect oil drain plug and gasket (replace if necessary)..
- Wipe fittings and lubricate (if applicable).
- Check and fill gearboxes (if applicable).
- Report under vehicle status to upper bay.
- Observe under carriage of vehicle once started to ensure no leaks.
- Perform lower bay quality inspection.
State Inspection duties (Following certification, as directed by store management) that include but are not limited to:
- Pass the state issued background check.
- Attend state inspection training class.
- Obtain inspection certification from the state.
- Organize, clean and maintain all tools, machines and inspection areas.
- Ensure all tools and machines are in good working order.
- Perform state specified inspections on vehicles, which may include all aspects of safety and emissions of the vehicle.
- Adhere to the Allied Lube Vehicle Inspection Policy.
Guest Service Advisor duties (Following certification, as directed by store management) that include but are not limited to:
- Gather and input guest and maintenance information into the computer (name, address, phone number, email address, year, make, model, etc).
- Review oil options, vehicle manufacturer recommendations, previous services and report on conditions to the guest. Present air and cabin air filters to customers (if applicable).
- Recap guest requested services (with pricing), answer any questions, and provide an estimated time frame for services to be completed.
- Escort guest to the lounge (using the "No handles" policy), and inform them of the location of coffee/water, restrooms and magazines.
- Communicate additional services requested to upper bay and gather new items/parts for installation/service.
- Review invoiced items with guest, accept payment for services, inform guest of value added items and offer invitation of return.
Team Lead duties (Following certification, as directed by store management) that include but are not limited to:
- Ensure team is working in an efficient, productive manner.
- Complete the Report on Conditions to be presented to the customer.
- Complete checkpoints screen for each vehicle serviced.
- Monitor work flow and make adjustments as required.
- Utilize practice during downtime.
- Coach and inform teammates by providing feedback on performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (This is not an all-inclusive list but is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position. Reasonable accommodation will be provided under appropriate circumstances and in accordance with applicable law.)
- Read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to operate equipment such as (but not limited to) overhead and floor mounted oil and grease guns, differential pump, hand tools, radiator machine, transmission machine, tire rotation equipment, computer, telephone and cash register.
- Must be able to drive vehicles.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to stand on concrete or metal surfaces for extended periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours.)
- Work in an environment that frequently experiences extreme hot and cold temperatures, loud noises, and exhaust fumes.
- Must be able to work long hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Lift and move inventory items, trashcans and other work related items (up to 50 pounds).
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours.
- Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the shift.
We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
Related to this job