Manager of Operations
Who are we?
Trader Joe's is your favorite neighborhood grocery store! With over 520 stores nationwide (and growing), we are the place to be. Looking for something delicious and a friendly conversation? At Trader Joe's, you can find both. We love being your first and favorite place to shop.
What do we do?
Like shopping at Trader Joe's? Then, maybe you'll love working with us. We are looking for an experienced operations manager who is searching to do what they'll love - logistics! Do you have experience in distribution & supply chain management? Do you love food? If so, read on! We may the role of a lifetime for you!
Trader Joe's is unlike any place you've ever worked. Trust us on that. The qualified individual has at least 7 years of supervisory/management experience and is a raving fan of the Trader Joe's concept. A Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement is strongly preferred.
The purpose of the Manager of Operations is to support Trader Joe's supply network, stores, and Buying department. The position is dynamic, fast-paced, and exciting. It requires tenacity, a willingness to be open and learn new things, keen business sense and strict adherence to our company's Values Guide.
The Manager of Operations is responsible for:
- Supporting the flow of product and buying/fulfillment plan.
- Managing at least two warehouses - one in Minooka, IL and the other in Irving, TX.
- Building relationships with key warehouse personnel and foster the relationships into dynamic relationships.
- Collaborating effectively with the Buying department.
- Inbound pickup, outbound deliveries and warehouse product flow and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
The qualified applicant has:
- A 4 year degree or equivalent experience in a leadership role and experience in distribution & supply chain management or procurement.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible work schedule with ability to travel as required.
- Has a 24/7 engagement attitude and is resourceful in seeking information.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
We want to hear from you!
We get a lot of resumes; so to help us get to know you better, please submit your resume and cover letter. When creating your cover letter, please answer these questions:
- What is your experience with warehouse management and logistics/supply chain?
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this position?