The Event Manager is the leader of the Evergreen's on site events. The Event Manager leads planning and coordination for group and wedding events throughout the year while working closely with our Group & Events Sales Director. The lodge puts on 15-20 weddings each year for 75-200 guests, as well as a host of reunions and specialty events. The lodge seeks to expand its specialty, incentive & corporate group business, focused on events of 10-200 people.
The Event Manager role is ideal for someone who is excited to work with groups from beginning to end, and who enjoys being involved not only in the planning but in realizing the event vision as well. The Events manager is supported in executing all events by Evergreen's experienced operations team.
The right person for this role has event management experience and enjoys creating customized rather than cookie cutter events. With Evergreen's 20 acres in old growth forest, our array of public facilities and dining areas and our guided recreation department, and with Yosemite at our doorstep, opportunities to create amazing events are endless. For the right creative, energized, nature loving person, this is a dream job.
The role is very self-directed and is ideal for a talented individual who enjoys direct outreach, guest contact and varied responsibilities, and who possesses strong communication and organizational skills. The position is right for someone who's excited to promote a unique mountain resort like the Evergreen to a targeted set of users who value the warm, down-home, yet professional experience of the lodge, as well as its combination of timeless feel with modern comforts and its special mix of recreation, relaxation and indulgence.Completed Covid Vaccination required prior to beginning employment.
The ideal individual is excited to help support a great staff environment in a professional yet "down-home" way and embraces working in a rustic environment in a relationship-oriented business.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Education: BA/BS preferred
- Significant event management experience
- Experience structured systems/processes
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
- Interest in training/coaching and in supporting our intern program
- Independent thinker with great initiative, but comfortable working within a defined framework
- Completed Covid Vaccination required prior to beginning employment.
Key personality traits:
- High integrity
- Guest service oriented and staff-focused
- Self-motivated and self-directed with high standards
- Mature and personable with a relaxed nature
- Execution oriented; enjoys hands-on implementation
- Leading a healthy, drug-free lifestyle
- Dynamic, fun, and likes the outdoors
- Flexible with a "whatever it takes" attitude
Key responsibilities include:
- Corporate group planning
- Wedding planning, including rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception
- Specialty weekend planning
- Coordinating room blocks, deposits, etc.
- Coordinating rentals & vendors
- Coordinating tastings and menu planning
- Coordinating group recreation and other special needs
- Managing & maintaining catering related inventories
- Coordinating and planning for other seasonal Lodge-wide special events like Holidays
- Out-reach, discovery and booking of bands for our Live Music program
DAY OF EVENT COORDINATION
- For weddings and other groups
- Working with department managers to ensure good pre-communication leading up to events
- Being present to work with groups real-time to ensure their needs are met and to support any in-the-moment issues that arise
- Ensuring accurate billing
- Supporting the creation of a fun, friendly culture and a high standard of hospitality among managers and staff
- Interacting with guests in a manner that promotes the warmth and friendliness of the Lodge
- Actively supporting our intern employment and development program
- Supporting other lodge departments and managers as needed
- Assisting in other areas as seasonality permits (e.g., marketing initiatives, wellness programs)
- Full time position available immediately
- Room and board available for fixed weekly cost both Onsite and Offsite
- Hours variable, including nights and weekends as well as situational/crisis availability; a regular schedule with specific days off will be established
- Healthcare benefits available after 90 days
- 401K eligible with company match after 1 year