Martin's Direct Facilitator
BASIC PURPOSE: To provide and maintain high standards of courteous and efficient service to our Giant Direct customers while training and developing our Giant Direct Shoppers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
- Providing quality customer service is an essential component of every position within Giant/Martin's Food Stores. Each position serves its own group of customers, which may consist of consumers, associates, vendors and business associates. As much care should be given to handling our internal "customers", as the ultimate consumer. This includes but is not limited to fostering a positive and inclusive work environment as well as training and developing associates to meet the needs of the customer.
- Manage on-line orders and traffic requirements to most effectively meet customer needs
- Manage the staging process between shopper and customer
- Competent and efficient in all roles of the Giant Direct process and in the absence of the Giant Direct Lead manage the Giant Direct operations in accordance with standard practices of the department
- Assist the Giant Direct Lead in using good judgement in delegation, empowerment, and follow-up so that each associate is trained to provide the best service experience for our customers.
- In the absence of the Giant Direct Lead, the facilitator will manage the performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Giant Direct associates
- Works in conjunction with store and department management to provide feedback and address operational issues as well as to ensure fresh product availability, quality, and prep list orders are handled properly.
- Must be able to handle on the spot customer questions, comments, and complaints
- Must be able to meet minimum physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Observe and follow all company policies and procedures including safety, food safety, and sanitation practices
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance always and follow company personal appearance policy
- Treat all associates fairly with respect. Provide recognition and constructive feedback when necessary to providing and maintain a positive work environment while improving associate morale.
- Ensure area is secured, always protecting company assets
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: To competently perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified, a person would be expected to have:
Education (Minimum Needed): High School Graduate or Equivalent
Specialized Knowledge Needed: Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and customer
Special Skills: Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements to solve problems.
Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions
Other: Meet minimum age requirements
Assist in special projects and perform functions as assigned by supervisor
Perform repetitive hand motions using various equipment while standing/walking 90% of your shift
Bend, lift, push or pull the following weights and frequencies:
-Bend/Lift 15 pounds continuously
-Bend/Lift 25 pounds frequently
-Bend/Lift 50 pounds on occasion
-Push or Pull 75 pounds on occasion
Frequent reaching and grabbing at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level
Gather up to 5 shopping carts at a time and push them to designated areas
Work in and out of inclement weather
Can handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers, and household cleaners
Have sufficient visual acuity to read the picking device display screen as well as check ID cards, PC screens, invoices, and other written documents
Meet established volume activity standards
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 18 years or older