Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
The primary purpose of a Senior Loss Prevention and Safety Associate, (SLPA), is to protect the associates and assets of Ross. The SLPA should proactively strive to support a Safety-first Culture, by enforcing and maintaining the company's established processes for facility safety and security and prevention of accidents and injuries. The SLPA shall conduct safety audits and monitor for fire hazards. The SLPA shall proactively identify and urgently resolve safety matters affecting associate safety.
The SLPA must respond to Critical Incidents, assess the situation, and make First Responder decisions. The SLPA shall maintain post and monitor the assigned area of responsibility, conduct patrols, security audits, and utilize tools, technology, and processes for impacting shrink. The SLPA shall promote prevention through awareness and work to mitigate shrink by discovery, investigation, and resolution of theft.
The SLPA must exemplify good judgment and strong decision-making skills with regards to managing inbound traffic and driver relations at the guard shack and associate, visitor, vendor, and contractor relations in our front lobbies. During times of Pandemic, the SLPA is responsible for health screening and making subsequent decisions on entry and secondary screening. Senior Loss Prevention Associates are expected to maintain confidentiality in respecting employees' privacy within the company guidelines and procedures. The SLPA should contribute to positive company and department morale by participating in a strong and proactive team effort in supporting the company's goals.
The Associate must be able to effectively understand and communicate goals, objectives, and accomplishments to Peers and Supervisors, effectively ask appropriate questions or express concerns on job-related labor issues to their Supervisor and/or the DC Loss Prevention Manager.
The SLPA serves as a trainer and mentor to internal LP Agents and 3rd Party Security Guards and they assist with conducting new hire training with LP Agents. They provide back-fill support at various posts as operations requires and they act as a back-up to the LP Supervisor in their absence. They assist with highly confidential and sensitive investigations for internal and external matters. SLPAs also conduct administrative tasks around worker's compensation in partnership with Risk Management and our claims provider. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Maintain Safe Environments
- Accident and Injury response to include medical emergencies on Ross sites. Administer first aid and medical assistance as needed.
- Complete and maintain CPR, AED, and First aid certifications.
- Conduct safety audits and inspections to identify safety hazards in accordance with OSHA guidelines, Risk Management Programs, and Ross Policy and Procedure.
- Provide on the spot/immediate coaching for safety violations due to associate behavior.
- Communicate and document safety hazards for resolution and follow up with LP Sr. Agent/Supervisor and/or Department Supervisors to address concerns.
- Work with LP Department to achieve assigned AFR Goals.
- Proper and accurate tracking and maintaining of safety incidents, injuries and accidents.
- Assist LP Management on worker's compensation claim investigation and determination of root causes.
- During times of a Pandemic conduct associate, visitor, contractor, and vendor health screenings to include assessments, communication and documentation.
- Manage New Hire process for all Associates to include orientation on safety and security topics and badge assignment/administration.
- Assist with claims management by partnering and following up with Risk Management and our claims administrators at the direction of their LP Supervisor/Manager.
- Assists LP Supervisor with accident investigations and evidence gathering for claims and follow up to include PIT investigations.
- Assist LP Supervisor with data entry and collection in LP and Safety reporting systems.
Maintain Secure Environments
- Conduct Code 50 Screening process for all associates, visitors, contractors, and vendors.
- Administer and provision access control in accordance with LP SOP and visitor management processes for all Associates, New Hires, Visitors, Vendors, and Contractors.
- Perform Guard Shack operations to include trailer check-in and out and ensure proper procedures are adhered to in order to maintain security of merchandise and Ross sites.
- Maintain physical security and control of the entire site to include the trailer yard, perimeter of building(s), and parking lots in accordance to Ross Policy and Procedure.
- Conduct Security audits, identify security concerns, and communicate deficiencies.
- Identify, report investigative leads from direct observations and audits.
- Assist with resolving investigative matters with associate theft, work-place violence, and other general incidents.
- Conduct and research trailer discrepancies in RDM and identify root cause. Communicate findings to the LP Supervisor for follow up.
- Ensure execution of assigned audits per shift in support of the LP Supervisor.
- Evaluate controls for access control systems to ensure accuracy and compliance. Communicate findings to the LP Supervisor for follow up.
Developing Teams and Partnerships
- Work with DC Departments to address security and safety violations and incidents.
- Effective communication on incidents and investigations through various communication channels with appropriate stakeholders.
- Promote team-oriented environment to resolve conflict situations.
- Manage work order log and communicate follow up issues with LP Leadership and Maintenance Team at assigned DC.
- Conduct training and mentoring to new LP Associates. Ensure onboarding documentation and training courses are completed. Conduct hands-on training at various post locations.
- Host and conduct training classes and meetings such as new hire orientations, safety meetings, huddles, and other meetings as assigned.
- Administer PIT licenses for authorized personnel that is provided by the training department.
- Assist with addressing staffing opportunities by providing support and response to remedy coverage gaps.
Safety and Security Preparedness and Response
- Perform assigned duties during emergency situations as directed by the Emergency Preparedness Manual.
- Interfacing with Police and Fire officials during emergency situations.
- Respond and assist the LP Sr. Agent/Supervisor with incidents to include communication and follow-up.
- Effective use of Ross's technology, data and analytics to proactively support the organization's goals.
- Provide guidance and expertise on safety-related issues in accordance with the OSHA 10-Hour training guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Acumen
- Analysis and Judgement
- Conflict Management
- Drive for Results
- Functional/Technical Skills
- High School Diploma or GED Required, College Degree Preferred.
- 2 Years' experience as a Loss Prevention, Safety, or Security Officer (DC Preferred) and/or 2/4 Year Degree.
- Complete and Maintain all certifications; CPR, First-Aid, AED, Golf/Medical Cart and Ladder.
- Ability to effectively utilize and maintain access control systems, CCTV, and two-way radio communication.
- Complete understanding around Loss Prevention SOP manual and OSHA 1910 Guidelines.
- Strong command of English, both oral and written.
- Presentation skills include the ability to create clear, dynamic presentations, speak before an audience, and manage the logistical components, such as equipment and location.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that include the ability to diffuse and resolve intensive conflict situations.
- Basic computer skills and data entry to include use of Microsoft Office products, RDM, Smartsheets, etc.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule as business needs warrant.
- Ability to work on own to complete assignments and tasks.
- Exceptional customer service skills to enhance interactions with associates, visitors, vendors, and contractors.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds as needed throughout shift
- Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, and hearing.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Must be able to complete LP Agent new hire checklist/training packet within 90 days of employment.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.