Market Sales Manager - Alexandria, VA
We are sure a lot of companies are trying to recruit you. So, how is Anderson Merchandisers different? We value our associates as members of our family and treat all our clients as the VIPs they are!
Anderson Merchandisers is a premier retail services company with over 5,000 team members and growing. Our success is attributed to our E3 mission of Execution Excellence Every Day by the dedicated associates that work relentlessly for our clients. We are a family-owned company that has been in business for over 100 years and we know what it takes to get the job right the first time, every time. We are growing fast and will give you the tools and training you need to succeed and grow in your career!
What makes Anderson Merchandisers a great place to work?
THE PEOPLE - just like you!
Our associates have a lot in common. They have great interpersonal skills, enjoy working independently, are self-motivated, and have a relentless drive. Did we mention that while they are working hard, they also like to have fun?
If this sounds like a good fit for you, come join our team!A Market Sales Manager (MSM) is an effective communicator and leader that performs managerial and operational duties. This position leads Anderson associates within assigned markets in their completion of timely execution of merchandising activities. The position also participates in the development of associates’ communication and selling skills. We achieve optimal results by implementing the Anderson Approach, which consists of Collaboration, Pre-sell and Awareness, Implementation, Reporting and Post Reporting.
What would you do in this role?
The MSM is a decision-making position that reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES, include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for communicating and collaborating on promotions and programs to Market Managers and Store Managers.
- Lead and train assigned associates in store management communication and collaborating to increase sales and execution.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit, interview, and hire quality sales associates.
- Works closely with Territory Sales Leads and Sales Merchandisers to communicate program and project expectations and metrics.
- Works closely with Territory Sales Leads and Sales Merchandisers to communicate training initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all Anderson Merchandisers’ associates, clients, and contacts.
Pre-Sell and Awareness
- Communicate goals and metrics for products, programs and initiatives to Territory Sales Leads and Sales Merchandisers.
- Sell placement and products to Market Managers, Store Managers, and team.
- Make Regional Manager aware of success or potential barriers.
- Lead and train associate’s skills and effectiveness to increase product sales and promotion placement.
- Meet company/retailer/client execution, compliance and accuracy standards and metrics within assigned market.
- Responsible for Volt training and accountability for all personnel within assigned market.
- Responsible for A+ Certification achievement for all personnel within assigned market.
- Monitor dashboard reporting projects and programs in order to take real-time corrective action to ensure that project objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for integrity and accuracy of execution compliance for all work activities within the market.
- Provide timely and urgent response to internal and external escalations.
- Responsible for maximizing company sales and profits while controlling expenses.
- Maintain company, client, and retailer confidentiality.
- Conduct timely performance evaluations based on company timelines.
- Coach high level of associate performance and leadership development through regular store visits and quality feedback.
- Meet Anderson and client execution standards and metrics within market.
- Control expenses and maximize company profit.
- Monitor dashboard reporting projects and programs to provide real-time responses and communication on sales priorities.
- Provide solution-focused direction for Territory Sales Leads and Sales Merchandisers.
- Assist in assessing current programs and promotions.
- Train associates how to communicate specific sales and promo placement results.
- Communicate specific sales and promo placement results with Store Managers and Market Managers.
- Conduct frequent business reviews with Market Managers/Market teams, and Store Managers.
- Report specific requests, needs, or sales opportunities to Regional Sales Manager or WWHY based on opportunity.
- Availability to work weekends and nights, as needed.
- Availability to work overnight projects, as needed.
- Ability to make required travel to include overnight stays.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or carry objects/products up to 35 lbs. and lift objects and product up to a maximum of 50 lbs., on occasion.
- Able to perform work while sitting, standing, or walking.
- Ability to perform work that regularly consists of bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, and fine manipulation of hands and/or fingers.
- Fully functioning upper and lower body mobility.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job-related experience.
- Valid driver's license is required as travel to additional locations is necessary.
- Automobile liability insurance is required to be maintained.
As an Anderson Merchandisers Associate you may be eligible for these benefits*.
• Flexible work schedules
• Referral bonuses for bringing new members to our team
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Health Insurance – including Dental and Vision
• Accident Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Associate Assistance Fund
• Associate Savings Plan
• Anderson Cares Fund
• Paid Time Off
• Training & Career Development
*All benefits subject to eligibility per company policy.